Stopping my feedback machine ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping my feedback machine ...

Okay, well here it is. When ever I turn my rig up close to half way on volume, I get some seriously uncontrollable feedback. The only way I can stop it is by turning the volume completely off on my guitar or turning the volume off with the expression pedal on my GT6. Anybody know anything I can do? To try and help, I'll post my rig:

Guitar > Boss GT6 > Marshall MG100DFX (plugged into the input jack, and not effects loop)

At first, I thought it was the stock pickups from my KE3 that were causing it, but when I tried with my Samick UM3 that has a Seymour Duncan JB, it still gave tons of feedback. I made sure I wasn't facing the amp ... same. Any Ideas?

Re: Stopping my feedback machine ...

Pick one:
    -Move everything into a larger room.
    -Get a longer cable and leave the room.
    -Don't turn the amp that high unless you're in either a very lage room or very far away from the amp.
    -Turn the Gain/Drive/Distortion on the amp/pedal down.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

try reducing your treble as well. Feedback comes from the volume of the amp causing the strings to vibrate (or pickup coils) which sends a signal to the amp, which causes more vibration, and so on and so on. The only way to prevent it at high volumes is to be as far away from the amp as possible, and keep the guitar facing at a 90 degree angle from the amp or complatetly facing away. using a noise gate will keep you from having to turn down your volume pot after each time you play.

Comment

You might also look into a noise gate pedal (like the Rocktron HUSH).
        My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

... or check to see if your Boss GT6 has some form of noise reduction.
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I think the GT6 has a volume pedal built into it. Use that as a kill switch.

Comment

My GT3 had a volume control on the front where the power cable plugged in. Turn that to about the 12 oclock position. That solved it for me.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

thats what i was wondering if the gt has a level control that might be cranked up to high

Comment

I never thought of that. I have the output level on the GT6 cranked. I'll try lowering that.

Comment

yeah, you were probably hitting the input pretty hard with that cranked. Did it work?

Comment

Yeah, you've got to report back and let us know if we're right or we're full of $hit. We learn here too.

Comment

I don't need the clowns on this board to tell me that I'm full of shit. My mother has been telling me that for 28 years!

Comment

Well, I'm still getting feedback (not as much, it seems, though), so I'm thinking it might be my amp.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I don't need the clowns on this board to tell me that I'm full of shit. My mother has been telling me that for 28 years!

[/ QUOTE ]
                            Funny, your mother calls me and tells me that I'm full of shit too. And I've never even MET HER!! That woman has some serious intuition!! [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

your mother always complains that I am full of something else.....hee heee!

Comment

Working...
                              X