MXR Double Shot Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Double Shot Distortion

Now, I have one of these pedals and I love it but I'm looking for another distortion pedal that's heavier.

Now being an MXR fan I first thought of the Dime Distortion as an option. After searching for information from the Dunlop site, I read that the one channel from the double shot is identified as the "Dime channel" which has identical circuitry as the Dime Distortion pedal.

Review

So... would this identical circuit give the EXACT tone of the Dime Distortion, since it just says circuit, or would it be a totally different distortion with all the other parts?

Re: MXR Double Shot Distortion

Bumping my own thread in hopes someone will see this with the knowledge to answer my question, hope no one gets upset.

Comment

IMHO ,dealing with electronics for a living, I would say that the circuit would be the same as the Dime distortion. I recommend a BOSS Metal Zone MT-2 for a heavier distortion pedal. They are just brutal!

Comment

Oh, I forgot, I did just try out some of the new Digitech "morphing" pedals and the work really well to. The one that I tried morphed overdrive pedals like a tubescreamer or OD-1 but they also have a Metal pedal that morphs the MT-2 that I mentioned above and a couple others. I'd check these out as well if I were you.

Comment

So beachjammer the sound would be basically be the same between the doubleshot and dime?

I have tried the boss metalzone and it's one of my top options because it has mid and high controls (I focus on mids to get the sound I like).

Kind of a side note, I picked up a vintage MXR Distortion II yesterday for 130 Canadian and It owns! Very classic rock sound. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X