Marshall, Mesa or Genz Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall, Mesa or Genz Benz

Oh, and I've also had the Recto 4x12, Recto 2x12, and Avatar 4x12 and the G-Flex slays them all for huge sound in a small package and built like a tank.

Comment

The others are probably decent also but I don't think you can go wrong with the Mesa cabs.

Comment

I do not like Mesa cabs...I would get Marshall cabs.

Comment

I should note I play through a Mesa head too.

Comment

I use two g-flex cabs with a Vetta II head run in stereo. I realy like the sound of them. They have a lot of boom to them with out losing their tightness ( is that a word ??). They sound bigger than other 2-12 I have had. I would look at the g-flex, Avatar, or the earcandy cabs. Thay have some good reviews on harmony central. I plyaed thru one and rally liked it. If did not have my g-flexs I would have gone with them. They offer all kinds of options and the he is a good guy.

For and XXl I would look for an Eminence loaded cab. I think the g-flex speaker is an Eminence clone.

Comment

I have the Mesa 2X12 recto cab and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is it just has one handle on top and it's heavy and hard to carry by just that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW I'm running a JCM800 through it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jason

Comment

I also have the Genz Benz Gflex 2X12 cab and I love it. I run it with the Randall RM100 head (the amp with the removeable sound modules) and I have 9 of the modules from pristine clean to all out agression and the cab sounds excellent clean or dirty. No farting while palm muting here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Working...
                X