Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bought a 5150 head today!

[ QUOTE ]
    hope i can find 5150 here in my hometown...everybody here just talking about marshall...bla bla marshall this..bla bla marshall that..yawn...

[/ QUOTE ]

A common malady, haha...

I was playing a gig once with my CAE3+se and VHT2150 rig, and some guy walks up and says "hey man, you're really a good guitarist, you need save some money and step up to a Marshall!"

Friggin Priceless...

Comment

Not as bad as my home town. There isn't a single music shop. I'm not joking either. There hasn't been one for over 5 years. I have to travel by bus or train to get to the nearest music shop.
      93 USA Soloist EDS
      USA HT6 Juggernaut
      Charvel DK24FR

Comment

everyone here is either boogie, marshall, or peavey.

well at least the metal scene anyways. i don't think i know of a metal band around here that doesn't use one of the 3. (except for brian of confessor - he just baught a bogner.)
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

most rock bands here use marshall from soft melacholy sad love song to all out metal bands. the only peavey they sell is just cheap small solid state amps.

Comment

I don't have enough money to go for a brand new cabinet, so I'm thinking about a used Marshall 1960 for now, and then getting a 5150 cab later...

How are the 1960's? Should one look for cabs from a specific period of time or something like that? Are they solid constructions without weird resonaces and stuff?

I don't know much about these things, so what would be the best thing for me to look for? Should I pass on stuff like Laney and Behringer, maybe Randall?

Have I understood correctly that Marshall Valvestate cabs are worse than 1960's?

Anders
            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Yeah the Diezels over here are insanly priced. I've only played one, and I was in CA for it. I offered a guy my Mesa Triple, my JCM 800 (actually it's not JGs JCM800) and 1500 bucks and he still wasn't up for it!!!

As it's been said several times before, the 5150 heads are AWESOME (I use a Mesa, it may not do it for you, but it does it for me, and the FIRST amp I would go get if I didn't have this is either a 5150 or a 5150 II).
              Use the PV cab with it, it's Shefield loaded IIRC and it just makes the amp sound more alive.

Some people will say this for Mesa, like the Mesa cab is better for the Mesa, but I PURELY disagree, I've chosen the Marshall JCM900 Lead 1960 (4x12 in smaller terms) as my cab over the Mesa and PV for my Mesa, however, for my PV I used to have it was ALWAYS into a PV cab, best sounding cab for that amp!

Musicians friend has NEW PV5150s and 5150IIs for like 750 now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

I was playing a gig once with my CAE3+se and VHT2150 rig, and some guy walks up and says "hey man, you're really a good guitarist, you need save some money and step up to a Marshall!"

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And your response?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

...and today I won an Ashdown Fallen Angel 4x12 angled cabinet on eBay!

Looking forward to try it out (yeah I know, should have tested it before buying one, but we don't have those in Sweden and I got it for a decent price, so I feel pretty good!), it's got good looks anyway! Hehe... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyone who has any experience with this cabinet?

Anders
                  https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                  X