Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Comments on a Rivera Knucklehead 55?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Comments on a Rivera Knucklehead 55?

I just picked one up, should be here early next week. Anybody played through one of these? I probably should of asked before I bought it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Any Comments on a Rivera Knucklehead 55?

just that people who have them seem to love them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Congratulations on the new score, let me know how you like it when you do get it.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn,

I sure will. Maybe I'll take the time to do a full review. I sold my Carvin Legacy to buy a Parker and then traded my Parker and some $ for the Knucklehead. It was a round-about way of getting it but isn't that how it is with us and all our gear!

Comment

I had a Knuckle 100 tri-channel for awhile, it was the EL-34 version. I liked it alot but something seemed to be missing. I found that when I got my ENGL Savage 120. Good luck with the amp though. Paul Sr. builds quality pieces.

Comment

is it the new knucklehead with the metal grille and midi switching, or is it the old grey one? if it's a new one it rocks, if it's a grey one...

first let me say i am a rivera fanatic (one of those that shawn is talking about), and i really dig paul's designs. i personally use m100's and s120's. i have had the "grey" amps (R55, R100, KH55) and i find them to be one dimensional and bland. they are also a lot less tweakable than M\S series amps...to me they all sounded very boxy.

but is it's the midi knucklehead...hell yeah, and rock on!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            is it the new knucklehead with the metal grille and midi switching, or is it the old grey one? if it's a new one it rocks, if it's a grey one...

first let me say i am a rivera fanatic (one of those that shawn is talking about), and i really dig paul's designs. i personally use m100's and s120's. i have had the "grey" amps (R55, R100, KH55) and i find them to be one dimensional and bland. they are also a lot less tweakable than M\S series amps...to me they all sounded very boxy.

but is it's the midi knucklehead...hell yeah, and rock on!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The one I had was the newer style tri-channel/metel grille etc.

Comment

The older two channel head (non reverb) is fairly different from the Reverb model. The old model has two channels as previously mentioned and noticably less gain and modern voicing. It's not really shining in the heavier areas although the newer reverb models are. They do offer great clean ups and nice distinctive vintage voiced overdrive (ballsy, but not gainy, kinda like a JCM800 but differently voiced and with a tad more gain). I think this is an amp that would work great with good overdrive stompboxes.

Congrats on your new score!

Comment

Hey guys,

It is the older 2 channel one (non reverb). Sounds like it should be right up my alley. One more question is it a fairly quiet head? Also does the FX loop work well. I guess I'll find out on the 5th! Thanks for the replies.

Comment

pretty quiet amp, and the effects loop is fantastic. it has variable send and return knobs so it works with every type of effect (pedal or stomp) and you can use it as a footswitchable tube boost with nothing attached.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X