Peavey Ultra 60 and Peavey Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Ultra 60 and Peavey Butcher

At a local pawnshop, they have 2 heads for sale.

They want $200 for a Peavey Ultra 60 head. Any good? Its an older one, doesnt have the glowing "Peavey" sign, it looks like an old Bandit or something.

also, they have for $300 a Peavey Butcher head. Any good?

Either of these a good deal? good amps?

thanks

Re: Peavey Ultra 60 and Peavey Butcher

I'd snap up the Ultra 60 for $200, assuming it's in good working condition and you like the way it sounds. They seem to go for at least $300 on Ebay, rarely less. Having the footswitch would be a plus.

The Butcher at $300 is pretty overpriced. It's the predecessor to the VTM and you can get VTM heads for $150 - $200 pretty easily.
    They are pretty nice heads for that low money though, kinda JCM800ish.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I prefer the newer Ultra Plus models with the changing logo colors, but the older ones are great to. I have a 1x12 Peavey Ultra and love it, great amp and sounds very good. I am going for a 1000 watt head version soon. $200 is good for that head if in very good condition. Jack.

Comment

The Butcher doesn't have very much gain, and if I remember correctly from when I had mine, it only has one channel. It's not a very versatile amp, and depending on the type of music you play, you'd probably have to use a pedal or preamp with it to get enough gain.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Hmm. . .thanks guys. Ultra is a possibility.

and Slayer, good luck finding the 1000 watt head [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ooops 100!! Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jack.

Comment

The Ultra is a nice amp. It's a lot like the XXX. The Butcher is a Marshall 2203 clone with 6L6 power tubes.
              Jerry
              FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Working...
              X