Line 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6

What are your thoughts on this company? I just ordered a 1x12 30 watt combo from MF for 179 (199 but I got 20$ off for a coupon, and free shipping). (Spider 2 30 watt)

I was thinking, I just wanted a practice amp, but they have a 75 watt one...100$ more for the same size speaker, just higher wattage.

I've also looked on eBay, it seems new ones, are consistantly holding value, and the old ones aren't going down much either.

Have you guys dealt with them much, and how are they reliability wise? I'm just going to use this practicing, because I am too lazy to hook up the Mesa, take it out of the road case, plug in the cabs, et cetera. I want something that sounds good, and is from a good company.

I've heard some good things, just really wondering if anyone has solid reviews of this amp (I've already checked harmony central and the reviews on MF's site), or the company in general.

Thanks!

Re: Line 6

I haven't heard very many good things about the Spider models, but It should be fine for a practice amp.

Comment

I like everything about them except the way they sound.

Comment

I have a Spider and I love it! Great tones in a small package. I would warn you against getting an older Spider if you are going the used gear route though, the older ones tend to feed back at lower volumes for some reason.
        I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Well, I've played one of those amps and it seemed alright for a practice amp, but I didn't spend a lot of time with it.

I love the Guitar Port though! It's such a neat piece of gear, great for recording clips on my computer, practicing whenever I want to without making too much noise, all that good stuff. And you can get some pretty decent sounds out of it.

Comment

I had the older red 50 watt 1-12" speaker one.I loved it...Got a Flextone 2 head liked it until it blew and the repair was more than I paid for it..the Spider is a good deal.I used my live for 6 months or so.Miked up it sounded great also.Can't beat them for a good practice amp though...Cort

Comment

The Spider is a great little practice amp. Good tones for the money. I almost got one of the 2x12s, but I got my Flextone III instead.

Comment

I have had nothing but horrible experiences with Line 6 amps. I had an AX2, and it was in the shop three times in one year for the same problem--blowing filter caps. I know several guys in the area who have had similar problems from their Flextone II heads. They're great for bedroom jamming, but I would never gig with one. The more you turn them up, the more they can't handle it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  They're great for bedroom jamming, but I would never gig with one. The more you turn them up, the more they can't handle it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That more or less mirrors what I've heard from guys that use them - especially the Flex II, for some reason. They definitely tend to be flaky.
                  Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Spider II's are cool - much improved.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

BillZ got one for his son for Christmas, the 30 watt Spider.
                      He told me that he was really surprised how great it sounds!
                      My local shop carries the Spiders but I've never tried them out, I think I will. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Yep my filter cap was one of the things that blew on my HD2 head.The repair store quoted me $350 to fix it then discovered something else wrong.They sent it to Line 6.The total repair was over $200 more than I paid for the amp.I bought it still in the box(never opened) off Ebay($450)Told them they can have it...I'd would buy a Spider for home playing though...Cort

Comment

I have a Spider 50w. I got the FB4 with it ( 4 channel switcher ) and love it as a small practice amp.

Comment

I've got a Flex II and I have to agree with the rest of the guys. At low volume it's pretty good. I actually run it in stereo with my 20 watt Marshall DSL 201 and together they sound great, but the battery (yes fk'n battery) that saves the presets died in mine and the nearest repair shop is in east bum f*ck, so I have it set for one sound, a marshal sound. I used to really like it but when you hear it right next to what it's supposed to be imitating it sounds like sh*t. And the louder you turn it up the worse it sounds. I'm liking my Marshal DSL 201 more and more every day. Get one of those throw in a Green back and some JJ tubes, get a 10 band MXR EQ (run it through the effects loop ) keep the gain at around 1:00 and use the EQ to get a litlle more sustain and it sounds great. And a lot louder than you would think for a 20 watt amp. Killer practice amp.
                            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

If I want killer tone, I'll plug into my live rig. I'm just really freakin lazy!!!

I was thinking, I wanted a back up amplifier for my Mesa AND a practice one, and I was going to get the 75 watt spiderII 12inch combo, but after reading this, I think I just want the 30 watter for my bedroom, and I'll worry about a back up later.

I got one like I said from the Musicians Enemy for 179 free shipping (I had a 20$ off coupon I got in the last catalog and it had freeshipping too)

A local music store has all of the line 6 amps (well not local, 45-50 mins away) and I was thinking about going up with that Schecechertrehcterrerere C1 I'm selling and trying to trade it towards the 75 watter, and then give some cash and have it right now, rather than wait a month for the one from MF to get to me, but I'm still unsure about it. I would rather the warranty place be a little drive, rather than have to mail the bastard in if something goes wrong. Now granted this guy charges 25$ more on each thing than the MF, but I understand, he has to make money. BUt when you couple that 25$ with the extra 20 I saved, I would be paying 45$ more for the same amp.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, and I'll definately be posting what I think whenever I get one (either the last week of January when MF ships them, or this week when I cancell my MF order and get one from this shop.)

Comment

Working...
                              X