Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about controlling a G Major

Hello folks:

What do you need if you are using a G Major and want to switch in and out the different effects you use with specific channels you use with your amp. For example: I use a little bit of chorus, delay and reverb with my clean channel, reverb with my crunch channel and delay with a touch of reverb with the channel I use for solos. What device you would need to call the specific channels you want within a song with the specific effects you want to use with those channels?

Re: Question about controlling a G Major

I think the DMC Ground Control Pro and Rocktron All Access let you have per song presets.

Or just using a FCB1010 or other basic MIDI controller you could create presets that correspond to what you just described. For example:

Button 1: clean channel, chorus, delay and reverb

Button 2: crunch channel, delay, reverb

Button 3: lead channel (or any channel), reverb

So you'll have 3 separate presets in the G Major with the desired effects and relay commands. Assuming you're using the GMajor to switch channels on your amp as well.

Comment

I used to have the FCB 1010 and found it a little too complicated to programmed. I would like to get a DMC Ground Control, but they are expensive. Would I also need the DMC switcher with the Ground Control Pro?

Comment

What amp are you playing through? You only need the switcher if you have multiple effects, preamps, or other stuff like that.

The FCB can be easily setup using a software utility some folks on the FCB1010 Yahoo Group created. I'd be completely lost without that utility.

The DMC Pro is about $350 used. I hear nothing but good things about it. I almost bought it when I bought your GMajor but I needed to save some $$$$ because I was house hunting.

Comment

I use a Rocktron Midimate to control my GCX.

Comment

I actually got the DMC Ground Control and will use it to control the G Major. Also got a custom made cable to use with the G Major to switch channels on my Triple XXX.

Comment

If I understand this correctly, you play clean and want a patch with some chorus, delay, reverb. Then you need to switch to crunch and want new settings for delay, reverb.

I do this by utilizing the channel switching feature (the 1/4" connection) between the G-Major and the my preamp. You need to assign the pinouts correctly in the software, then assign the MIDI patches with your effects tastes to the correct pinout configuration. Channel switching is outlined in the manual pretty well along with graphics.

Comment

You are absolutely right. That's exactly what I want to do. Hopefully I 'll have no problems doing this with the custom cable.

Comment

Hope these help - 1st link is the acceptable controllers,
                  http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...MQ**&p_li=
                  second is how to hook up for switching ...
                  http://tcsupport.custhelp.com/cgi-bi...MQ**&p_li=

Comment

Thanks. I already bought the cable and I should receive it by Friday. Now I have to figure out how I to program the G Major with the DMC Ground Control in order to switch channels, assign effects to particular channels and swicth them on/off.

Comment

Keep a talkin' guys...I use a G Major in the loop of my Uber...I love it...best noise reduction I've ever NOT heard..heee hee.

But I need a great easy to use controller that looks cool and built like a tank..I suck at programming ...I don't have that kind of patience with all that space shuttle Bullcrap...

I'm thinkin' Rocktron...but that looks too difficult for me as well..a Midi mate sounds likely though.

Thanks for the info... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I am bumping this... I am looking for a new controller for my G Major... I want simple
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I have the ART - works fine....

Comment

I think mine is one of the simplest and cheapest: RFX MidiBuddy 128.

Comment

The art 15? They are cheap enough... I'll check out the Midibuddy

The Lexicon MPX R-1 looks perfect but it is a bit spendy... looks real easy to program though
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X