Line6 vs. VHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Line6 vs. VHT

I'm not too big a fan of VHT, but against a Line 6 combo, I would pick the VHT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ace I think you need either to buy some Line6 stuff so you guys sound evenly balanced [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] or tell the dude to buy a real mans amp [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

VHT rules!
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Ace, a 4x12 is gonna have more nuts than a 2x12 pretty much no matter what you do. A Vetta at gigging volume with a good cabinet will smoke. The thing that people always screw up with the modeling gear is that the tone changes more with volume than you would think. Most folks have too much bass and treble in their patches when they make them at low volume. When you crank those patches up they get swallowed by drums, bass, and cymbals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. My complaint about any modeling amp is they sound great by themselves or guitar-guitar amp comparisons. But in a band setting they just don't have the tone to cut through the mix very well and all the sounds seem real compressed and flat.

Comment

Not the new generation of Line 6 amps. The Flextone 3 and the Vetta's are killer.At East Coast Music Mall, we side by side tested a brand new Triple Rectifier full stack and a Vetta 2 head running the same Mesa full stack. My bandmate came home with the Vetta. Holy crap does that amp rock. Expensive as all heck (when you add the longboard) but worth it.

Comment

The Vetta will cut no problem.. It is just more complex as far as tweaking. Vetta's are not plug and play but they are versatile. I ahve owned two of them I did go to a Powerball just because it is plug and play...
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I own both. I have a VHT 2-90-2, Peavey Rockmaster, TCE G-Major, 5150 4X12 live rig and a Line6 AX212 for home practice.
              Has he tried playing the Flextone through a cab? My Line6 sounds completely different through a 4X12. It's sounds good enough to gig with as my backup amp. I had to tweak the patches to adjust for the 4X12 cab sound. I would never gig with it as a standalone 212 combo. It's too thin and sounds the crappy Line6 speakers sound like poo. Have him try it through a cab. The improvement is noticable but he'll never sound as good as your rig.

Comment

AX212 is old technology and doesn't compare to the Vetta 2 as far as the amps available etc ..
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I had a VHT2150 Rig and a Vetta 1 at teh same time. The Vetta could hold it's own the AX212 is old old old Technology as far as modeling and it really doesn't compare at all to the new Vetta 2 technology.
                  I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                  So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                  X