Laney Iommi Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laney Iommi Head

Anyone had any experience with this head? I recently played a Used one at the Local GC and Really really... [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]... really liked it.
    Comments?
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Re: Laney Iommi Head

anyone?
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

I think you'll find some info on these if you do a search. I know they have been discussed previously.

Bottom line is, if you really like it, buy it.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Anyone had any experience with this head? I recently played a Used one at the Local GC and Really really... [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]... really liked it.
        Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for the TI 100, but I've got a GH 50L which
        is very similar, and I can't praise it enough. You may find
        the lack of channel switching a problem, but I get around it
        by using a good boost pedal to give me the 'second channel.'

theo

Comment

It is a great amp and Iommi actually uses it. Laney amps rock.

Comment

i'm also owning a gh50L and it's definitely a nice amp for sabbath type of sounds, as well as paul gilberts lead tone. it's not really versatile, though. actually, i found it to be quite limited. the EQ doesn't do a whole lot, so what you hear when you first plug in is pretty much all you can get. if that isn't a problem for you, then go for it!
            i always thought laneys sound pretty much like marshalls with more bass and gain and a overall more scooped sound than your basic marshall....think of stuff like heaven and hell by sabbath...i've yet to hear a (tube) laney that doesn't nail that sound.

the good thing about them is their dynamic range. with both gains at 5-6 on the gh50 you get an acdc crunch on the rhythm channel and a heavier crunch channel withe boost engaged. want clean? turn down the volume on your guitar. want metal or saturated lead? tubescreamer. much like the older marshalls.

greets
            fragle

Comment

Working...
            X