Headphone amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphone amps

Here's the deal. I need to get a headphone amp with a decent distortion/overdrive sound and I have a $75 gift card to Guitar Center. I'm looking at the Marshall MS-2 since it's cheap, will probably sound halfway decent, also has a speaker built-in, and I know GC carries Marshall stuff. Anyone know of another similar product at $75 or less that I might be able to get from GC to compare?

Re: Headphone amps

they have a few small battery powered amps like that (Marshall, Danelectro, Fender, Dean Markley) but then there are also the ones without speakers (Rockman-type) and I believe the basic one is aroun 40 and one with a few more features is like 10 bucks more-I just can't remember what they are called!

Comment

Does GC have used stuff? If so, look for a Korg Pandora PX-3. There are alot of really nice headphone amps in that proce range.

Comment

I was gonna say, throw in a few more dollars and get a pandora. No Brainer.

Shawn
        Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I have a PX-3 and I can't get over how many features and great tones it has for a piece of equipment that is around the same size as a pack of cigs.

Comment

I also have a Pandora PX-3, and I think I paid around $80 for it used a couple of years ago at a pawn shop. It's really the way to go, and you have the little "band in a box" that you can jam with, too. Pretty cool little thing. By the way, does anyone here have the manual for the PX-3? Mine didn't come with one, and there are some things I don't know how to do with it. I'd love to get a copy of it or something.
            Dana <~~~
            '85 Rhoads Custom
            '86 SD Str*t
            '86 Model 4 (5)
            '87 Model 1
            '87 Model 6
            '88 Model 3DR
            '90 650 XL
            '94 KE-3
            '97 DR Amberburst
            '97 Dinky BOFlames
            '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

I have a px-4 and it goes every where with me. Great unit.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                I also have a Pandora PX-3, and I think I paid around $80 for it used a couple of years ago at a pawn shop. It's really the way to go, and you have the little "band in a box" that you can jam with, too. Pretty cool little thing. By the way, does anyone here have the manual for the PX-3? Mine didn't come with one, and there are some things I don't know how to do with it. I'd love to get a copy of it or something.
                Dana <~~~

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the manual for the PX-3. Send me your address and I will make a copy of it and send it to you.

Comment

Working...
                X