Carvin SX200H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin SX200H

The price is right, and it has the few features I want. Can anyone just tell me that they are not total crap before I spend the money? I'm not expecting the world for $200, but at least would like it to compare to the MG100 head. Rock on

Re: Carvin SX200H

Let me give you my take on the SX200. It sounds pretty good. For the money it ain't bad. Here is what kept me away from ever owning one. I got one in for a repair and opened it up. There is NOTHING inside of this head. 1 circuit board and a transformer. Carvin sent a replacement board out for it and I threw it back in in around 5 minutes and the amp was working fine again. If I hadn't opened it up I would say it was pretty cool but I really need to see more stuff inside of a guitar head. They could make it rack mount in a single rack space if they used an outboard transformer/power supply. It sounds petty but... oh well.

Comment

That is actually kind of cool. I like simple stuff. Maybe I'll buy it.

Comment

If you like simple stuff than the SX200 is a MUST have.
        It does sound really good. Actually, all Carvin amps sound great.

Comment

I've been thinking of buying the SX200, the 2X12 combo. It's on sale now for $259. I just have a hard time justifying it right now.

Comment

At those prices, are they closing out that model?
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yes they are. The 300 (3 channel) has been out for a while now.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                They could make it rack mount in a single rack space if they used an outboard transformer/power supply.

[/ QUOTE ]
                Didn't they make a rack version? I know they have the rack version of the SX300 which is the SX300R. I could have sworn they had a rack version of the SX200, also. I think I eventually want an SX300, though. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If the amp sounds that good, part of the reason is probably because it is such a simple design. The less electronic components you signal has the travel through the better...

Comment

SX200H is sold out so now I'm really itching to pull the trigger on the 2x12. Someone stop me.

Comment

Working...
                    X