Acoustic pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic pickup

I have 2 acoustics, one a Fender elec/acous and the other is a Martin D-16GT. My other band mate and I are throwing some songs in our set list that require two acoustics. Problem I'm trying to solve, is finding a pick-up that can attach to my Martin and allow me to ajust volume and ranges right from the guitar. It is just a regular acoustic and like a Martin does, sounds terrific. Currently I have a Dean Markley portable pickup that I use with it, but it doesn't give me any option other than having to go over to my amplifier and readjust all the setting, so when it comes time to go back to the electric, I have to go back over and adjust it again. I'm not sure of solutions yet, though I know I can mike it, or maybe run it through an Alligator. I was just wondering if there were any portable pickups that allow for adjustments right at the guitar. I don't want anything that I would have to modify the Martin (cutting holes). [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Bottm line is, I want to be able to pull the plug out of the electric, plug it into the acoustic and be ready to go.
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Re: Acoustic pickup

My buddy uses an a/b switch to activate the acoustic and runs a DI from the guitar directly to the board preset to the perfect level.

Comment

Re: Acoustic pickup

[ QUOTE ]
      My buddy uses an a/b switch to activate the acoustic and runs a DI from the guitar directly to the board preset to the perfect level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you mean. Currently our setup only includes individual amps for 2 guitarists and bass, a drummer and PA system for vocals. DI ? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Working...
      X