• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tube amp suggestions

I love my f30 too

Comment

check out the b-52 at100. tried one at guitar center it sounded damn good. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

No question dude, go with the the 3G9-3861-J. It totally rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Avoid the 3G9-3862-Jq-427a though. It looks the same as the 3G9-3861-J, but, don't be be fooled....it has extra digits it the model number. [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          ok, don't laugh...well hell, I don't really care if you do. I like my Crate BV120H..awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I. I almost sold mine. I'm damn happy that I didn't. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

No, Hyperfuzz... you;ve got it all wrong! The original model was the OU812? The new one is I81B4U. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              ok, don't laugh...well hell, I don't really care if you do. I like my Crate BV120H..awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would anyone laugh? That's a nice amp. I played a number of guitars through one at a local guitar store, it sounded tremendous.

Comment

I should've mentioned that if I buy I head, the $1k would have to include the price of a cab, too. That's why I'm leaning toward a combo. If I get a big enough one, it will hold me til I can buy a nice 4x12 to plug into an extra output. I'm looking up a lot of this stuff though, thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

1k will easily get you a Blue Voodoo and a cab.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

What about a Peavey VTM120 and a Marshall 4x12 cab? Price seems right on both of 'em, I'd come out ahead a few bucks. All I need is a one trick pony, anyway.

Comment

By Toejam:
                      "No, Hyperfuzz... you;ve got it all wrong! The original model was the OU812? The new one is I81B4U."

DOH! You're right. I was thinking about the import models. Nevermind!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        check out the b-52 at100. tried one at guitar center it sounded damn good. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure to get one of the newer ones if you get one of these (you can tell the old ones by the cheesy flame front plate). The older ones have problems with the effects loop, and the contour knob on the second gain channel is practically useless.

Comment

noodles... i was thinking about dropping some cash for one, [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] i read only good things about them.
                          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                          Amp... Pioneer
                          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Working...
                          X