Distortion pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion pedals

If you guys read the other thread then you know why I'm asking this.

I want a Distortion pedal to run with My DSL heads clean channel for low volume apartment playing.

I always like the Boss DS-1 when I was youger, an now I've heard about the various Pro Co Rat pedals and A New Marshall Guvner plus.

Any suggestions? I don't want anything like a Metal Zone or some PQ38 Death ray distortion from hell [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just something that will get me in Ozzy ,Dokken, Dio , Van Halen type stuff.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Distortion pedals

A DS1 should do that. If it ain't broke why fix it... Or fix it 'till it is.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I stand firmly behind the Metal Zone as a great distortion pedal. You don't NEED to run a metal zone at full gain. You can dial as much gain in or out as you want. What the Metal Zone DOES have is a sweep for the middle band, which gives you a lot more tonal possibilities than just a "TONE" knob.

Comment

The Metal Zone will do Ozzy, Dokken and Dio. If you want great metal tones at whisper quiet level you should by a POD or a V-AMP2 and run it through the clean channel of your DSL.

Comment

ditto for the medal zone, it's surprisingly versatile.

Comment

Man, It's been so long since I heard those pedals, Like 15 years and I only remembered the Metal zone as being this super high gain type sound and not a CLean type distortion.

As for the DS-1, I loved it 15 years ago, but know everyone is saying they have to be moded and that they sound like crap stock nowadays.
            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Or buy a Hotplate and attenuate your Marshall down to whisper volumes.

Comment

"medal zone" man, I have had a bad typing day, haha.

Comment

hot plate would be the best but a little pricey

Comment

I have had a DS-1 and loved it, also maybe and OD-1 would suffice?

Comment

I have both, metal zone and DS-1, both are great but metal zone sucks at low gain settings IMO.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Imo the Marshall Jackhammer is much more better than the MT2 for classic metal tones

Comment

i have a boss od-20 twin pedal.
                          they go used for about $100 and is suprisingly versatile.

Comment

I just bought a DS-1 a few weeks ago and don't understand why I didn'y buy one 10 years ago. THey are cheap, sound great, and are very versatile. THey don't have a real "over the top" type of gain, but with my gitars that have slightly hotter pups, it sounds really good at bedroom levels. Plus you can turn the gain down, and the level up to OD your DSL, and just add a little gain until you are up to the tone you want (you can do that with almost any OD pedal). It's only 40 bucks!

I have also heard good things about the Marshall pedals....

Comment

After all these years the only Distortion pedal I like and still have to this day is the Ibanez DS-10 Distortion Charger (NOT the Metal Chrager).

Comment

Working...
                              X