Help me pick my next amp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me pick my next amp!

Hey guys. New amp time has come again. I'm looking for a good metal amp with an awesome clean. I have 2 choices so far: Peavey XXX and Line 6 HD147. Now, I have a $900 spending limit. Help me out here! Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Help me pick my next amp!

Used Mesa Rectifier.

Comment

Used Vetta.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yea! Brad is selling one with Road Case too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I saw that Vetta, and I was interested but here's my catch...I have $900 and this must include shipping to Puerto Rico...So the amp I buy must be $825-$850 tops.

Comment

LOL Toru - I wasn't intending to push mine here but they can be had in the $850 range on occasion w/o case or controller so $900 shipped to PR is probably on the outer fringe but not out of the question.
            Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Get the Triple XXX.

Comment

Never heard the XXX, I have a Vetta combo with 2.0 software that kicks ass in that price range. If you could go up another 6-700 dollars I would say get a powerball. The Vetta does an awful lot of cool stuff if you are patient and willing to learn how to use it. It is definately NOT a plug and play amp.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the peavey. BTW, How does the mesa nomad 55 sound? will it work for metal?

Comment

I have a XXX, sounds awesome! The clean on it is very good.

Comment

I love my XXX, it is an awesome sounding metal amp. Check my web site if you want to hear what a USA Jackson Soloist sounds like through it. The thing is just brutal, and I've never had it above 6.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        I saw that Vetta, and I was interested but here's my catch...I have $900 and this must include shipping to Puerto Rico...So the amp I buy must be $825-$850 tops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly you can get a used Vetta 1 for cheaper than an HD147 in most cases just upgrade the software for free
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I'm leaning towards the peavey. BTW, How does the mesa nomad 55 sound? will it work for metal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Econ who is also in Puerto Rico might be looking to move his Triple XXX

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I'll definetely look for the xxx.

Tetsuo, he sent me a PM. Thanks for letting me know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I bought a cab from him in the past he was good to deal with FYI

Comment

Working...
                              X