I had no idea......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had no idea......

I am spoiled for life. This has rendered my Vetta to being a 1600 dollar tuner. SO rich and full sounding, at ANY level. Everyone always raved, now I know why.
    I have amps available, let me know if interested.

Shawn
    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Re: I had no idea......

Wow. I had no idea a Power Conditioiner had better tone than a Vetta [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

So what's the new one, the Bogner or the Mesa? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

LOL..That Mesa is a Head/rack thing that I bought along with the Stiletto (which BTW sold in 20 minutes on the bay today). The guy built it because it looked better than a rack sitting on top of a head. I am going to just take off the Mesa stuff, and that will give me four spaces instead of two.

The Bogner I got today.

I am only joking about the Vetta thing. Although, I will sell it now. That thing is really indispensable to some, I am sure. But, next to the Bogner, for my meager home uses, its just not the same ballgame.

Shawn
      Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Different strokes for different folks. We had a harmony central ampfest (admin/cool guy Sully was there) and I got to hear my Vetta in close proximity to:

Bogner XTC
        Bogner Uber
        Bogner Shiva
        Soldano Avenger
        Engl Powerball
        and some other cool amps. I've played through all the above amps at other times (and since then too) and none will pry my Vetta out of my grip.

My favorites out of the above amps personally were the avenger by far - it is a one channel head, but just had overdrive that killed. It was the main reason I grabbed that hot rod 50+. The bogners were nice (my favorite was the Shiva though) but none of em could pry the vetta from me.

Bogners are really nice amps though, congrats! The XTC has so many controls on it, it's almost like a tube vetta [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Nice score Shawn! the XTC is a great amp and I love mine (have a 101B exactly like yours). IMHO the amp sounds great with the matching cab with V30's
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn,I am going to grab that cab. I see they make one with 25w greenbacks, would that be a better choice for my home only uses?

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Different strokes for different folks. We had a harmony central ampfest (admin/cool guy Sully was there) and I got to hear my Vetta in close proximity to:

Bogner XTC
              Bogner Uber
              Bogner Shiva
              Soldano Avenger
              Engl Powerball
              and some other cool amps. I've played through all the above amps at other times (and since then too) and none will pry my Vetta out of my grip.

My favorites out of the above amps personally were the avenger by far - it is a one channel head, but just had overdrive that killed. It was the main reason I grabbed that hot rod 50+. The bogners were nice (my favorite was the Shiva though) but none of em could pry the vetta from me.

Bogners are really nice amps though, congrats! The XTC has so many controls on it, it's almost like a tube vetta [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete You are more Rock though aren't you in taste. Now My Powerball compared to my Vetta Powerball model, No comparison IMO. Anyway you do like a simple straight forward tube amp don't you?

I am thinking of a change of gear again too though Shawn.. seeing as you were a loyal Li9ne 6'r for a while and hold onto things about as long as me I just wonder how you will like this amp in a couple weeks
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

The best part is that you will only like it more the longer you play with it...trust me you will. I've preached about the Marshall vs. Fender amp basis on here and the XTC delivers THE Marshall tone in spades....just a KILLER amp. I use mine w/ a slant Bogner 4x12 w/ 2 V30's and 2 G12H30's and while it is a good tone I will probably reinstall two of one of them to have all four the same. I have a 4x12 Straight Bogner cab on order, it will be loaded w/CL80's...I hope I will like them. Good Score! Try this out, go to the clean channel, dime the gain, turn the gain boost to H, put the pre EQ to 1, crank the volume [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I just saw an Ecstasy just like mine go for $2850.00 on ebay [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Any suggestions on where to pick up the Bogner cab?

Shawn
                    Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

I use my 100B through Marshall cabs with 25 watt Greenbacks and love it. I have tried V30's and they didn't sound right to my ears. Marshall cabinets are one of the few constants in my amp lineage. The Bogners are modeled after early Marhsalls, as I understand it.

Anyone ever A/B a Marshall and Bogner with identical speaker configs?
                      www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Any suggestions on where to pick up the Bogner cab?

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd try eBay unless you want to pay an arm and leg for a new one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As far as Greenbacks vs. V30's. I don't know the answer as I haven't tried it with a cab that had them in it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] For me the perfect match was the Bogner slant 4x12 with V30's [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I did try it with a Marshall 4x12 1960a with G12T75's, a Soldano 4x12 with V30's and the Bogner cab won hands down to my ears. I did just pick up a VHT 4x12 with PE50's in it but have yet to try it 101B, it sounds great with the 50 CL though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Bogner cabs are great and I thought it was all hype, but the one I have sounds good with whatever amp I run it with.
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I am pretty picky about cabs. My favorite one is a '74 Marshall with GB Celestions. Another thing is I always stick to "B" cabinets.

I have a 1960A that was left at my house years ago by a guy that has 100W Celestions that makes both the SLO and 100B sound horrible.

75's are ok and 65's are pretty good, as well to me. I had a an all original 77 1960B with 30 Watters and it had this giant midrange spike that I really hated.

I'd probably buy a brown front Bogner B cab with 25's if I found one for a decent price.
                          www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Bret -

Some guys on Harmony Central had a lively discussion about the Bogner cabs. General consensus was that they kick ass on the more recent marshall cabs, and were pretty much built like the really old vintage ones.

I played through an XTC at a friend's house through a bogner 4x12 cab loaded with 25 watt celestions and loved it: played through an XTC halfstack loaded with Vintage 30s and HATED it in comparison. The V30 cab had this lower mid mush going on... it obscured that woody 'knock' that plexis and XTCs have. Hope that makes sense, and as always just my opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

Bogner XTC
                              Bogner Uber
                              Bogner Shiva
                              Soldano Avenger
                              Engl Powerball

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete You are more Rock though aren't you in taste. Now My Powerball compared to my Vetta Powerball model, No comparison IMO. Anyway you do like a simple straight forward tube amp don't you?

I am thinking of a change of gear again too though Shawn.. seeing as you were a loyal Li9ne 6'r for a while and hold onto things about as long as me I just wonder how you will like this amp in a couple weeks

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have never preferred the L6 model over the 'real' amp it's modelling, but I got tones I prefer with the Vetta over a real powerball. Just a matter of taste.

Pete

Comment

Working...
                              X