Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I had no idea......

Congrats Shawn!
    You have my favorite setting(Bogner Ecstacy/Mesa Rect 4x12 cab).
    I will be the next.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I would like to try a Bogner with 25 greenbacks but imho, I really don't think the XTC could sound any better than it does with v30's. I don't have the mid muddiness mentioned, it is an angled cab.

As I said I thought everyone was full of crap with the Bogner cabs. I was looking for a Mesa 4x12 with V30's and came across the Bogner cab for $575.00 and figured I'd try it since it was relatively the same price range. Everything (well, my four amps) sounds good thought it. I also heard they were based of the early Marshall cabs, same dimensions and weight.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I have never preferred the L6 model over the 'real' amp it's modelling, but I got tones I prefer with the Vetta over a real powerball. Just a matter of taste.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha... And I agree... I think in the Powerballs case specifically Line 6 did a terrible job modeling it whereas with the Rectos Line 6 is spot on
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I had a Bogner 4x12 with greenbacks with my Bogner Ecstacy head and didn't like it but loved the Ecstacy with my Rect 4x12 with Vintage 30's.
          Then I used to have a prototype VHT 4x12 that was a test cab at VHT late 80's/very early 90's with Greenbacks and my older Bogner Ecstacy sounded killer.
          Then my Jose Arredondo Marshall sounded like sh1t with my 4x12 Rect but sounded killer with my 70's Marshall cabs with greenbacks.
          So you see, everyone's opinion is different and each cab sounds differently as well.
          You just have to try it and see if you like it or not.

Comment

Ugggh...Which speakers to order in this cab. Or, I may just keep the recto cab and say Phuket. All the dealers I spoke to have only the V-30 Bogners in stock, and that they only custom order the greenbacks, and have rarely done so.

Shawn
            Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Just a heads up on a ,"custom" Bogner cab....I've been waiting for like 6-7 months to receive my 4x12 w/ CL80's.
              I think Greenbacks are more common an ,"option" but come on...6 months? This happens to me w/ **** everything...good thing I'm relatively patient....I think I'll call and check on it. One more bit of info....when I got my XTC I was using a Mesa Straight Traditional cab w/ V30's.....I hated it EXCEPT for lead and single note type stuff w/ the amp cranked...it held everything nice and tight very well.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Ugggh...Which speakers to order in this cab. Or, I may just keep the recto cab and say Phuket. All the dealers I spoke to have only the V-30 Bogners in stock, and that they only custom order the greenbacks, and have rarely done so.

Shawn

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't go there too much disease right now
                I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I did it on purpose.......

LOL

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Nice rig. How does the Uberschall compare? Ubers have their own cab too. What's your opinion on that package?

Comment

Working...
                    X