thoughts on the engl 530 preamp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on the engl 530 preamp?

well im transfering to a college in denver next fall and im trying to think ahead...theres no way in hell i can take my engl blackmore with me, or my 5150 even with a small cab its gonna be to loud....and theres gonna be to many fat bitched complaining. so i was thinking about getting a small alternative preamp ..to use with some small speakers, or headphones. I noticed the Engl 530 preamp is not that expensive and has a small solid state poweramp built in along with a headphones jack. Hows this Little amp sound? i read some reviews and a few say its a really noisy amp, i could get a V-amp wich i like for practice but i was thinking about practicality in future, mabey even perhaps building another Live rig out of it. what are you thoughts on this amp? how does it compare to the blackmore. More gain? More Low end? help me out guys...most appreciated

Re: thoughts on the engl 530 preamp?

Is that the 1space 3CH preamp ?

Not sure what 530 looks like...but I have tried 520 before.

520 is one of the best preamps and I love it.
    I tried it almost 12years ago( [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) with VHT and it was the best preamp.
    I am still looking for one but now I don't have a power amp.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    It has enough gain to do Metal and the tone is killer.
    I think it is the best 1 space preamp out there and also killer price.

Comment

Working...
    X