Vetta 2 in the studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta 2 in the studio

We just did a full day recording session with the Vetta We We recorded every guitar track using the Vetta 2. One of the patches we used was a combination of a Marshall Silver Jubilee running a 4 x 12 cab loaded with vintage 30's and a Peavey 5150 running a 4 x 12 cabinet loaded with 75's with the gain dialed down to around 6 on both. It was the best straight up rock guitar tone I have ever heard. Forget that fact that it is a modeling amp. It's absolutely incredible. The Vetta 2 Marshall patches made my JCM sound like a Gorilla amp. Our 2 channel Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier sounded amazing until we dialed up the Dual Rectifier clone on the Vetta 2. We recorded everything dry with just a touch of outboard reverb. The Vetta 2 is truly amazing and never stops impressing me. Live or in the studio. It rips.

Re: Vetta 2 in the studio

John did you mic it or use the DI's?
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

We used the DI's. All we had was a Vetta 2 on a chair with left and right cables (2 RCS's to 3.5mm stereo plug) running into the back of the PC using a Soundblaster Live card. Our recording software is Cool Edit Pro 2.0

Comment

Were you happy with teh DI's even though they are improved that still seems to be a big complaint on the Vetta's
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Cool, can't wait to hear it!

I think the DO's are better for recording than live use - my vetta's DO's aren't my favorites through a PA, but I love it for direct to PC recording.

Pete

Comment

The tone was killer through the direct out's. I will post a clip of the song tonight. It is a straight up rock tone similar to Velvet Revolver or The Black Crows.

Comment

Working...
            X