Zinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zinky

Anyone ever play a Zinky Mofo or Superfly?
    I'm just curious about these amps.

Thanks,
    Em

Re: Zinky

I owned a Zinky Mofo for about a year... Great amp. I had #98 of 100. Bruce Zinky is a real good guy. Simple straight forward amp. I ahve pics at home I cna post on it. It is a 2 Channel amp that is like teh engl with a gain boost for a third channel. Heavy Modded JCM800 is what it reminded me off but it had it's own voice. I wish it had reverb though that would have made the clean heavenly...

A Cheaper option is getting Fender Prosonic which Bruce designed when he worked for Fender.

The Superfly is loaded with options it is all Midi controlled but is an all tube amp. The amp can do anything expensive and not as simple as the Mofo
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I tried a few of the fender prosonics, they sounded like mesa mark series ripoffs to my ear with a little more harsh high end. Not sure about Zinky's other stuff. I have been tempted a few times, his resale value seems pretty low for as 'boutiquey' and limited as his amps are.

Pete

Comment

Hmmm....okay. Interesting.
        I don't have an opportunity to try a Zinky so I was just wondering what y'all thought, one of my Dad's bandmates told me about them.
        Bruce is from the same town my parents live in, small world.

Comment

To qualify my statement although I owned a Mofo I have never played a Pro Sonic I just heard they wer similar. I liked the Mofo a lot and it wasn't harsh and it did not remind me much of a Mark series at all....

Em since were discussing the tones you wanted earlier I see this as a good rock amp but not as dark as you were looking for in some of your tones IMO. Hard to say

I keep in touch with the guy I sold mine too and you couldn't pry it away from him for any cost...

Comment

I was wondering that myself, Tet. From what I've been told this is a great rocky/bluesy/fusion amp but I was wondering if it could get doomy enough, if that makes sense.
            I'm still drawn to the SpiderII (I've played a couple of those)and the Mesa Boogie F50 intrigues me as well.
            But from what I'm hearing from friends these Zinkys are really good, depends on what you're playing I suppose.(expensive suckers!)

Comment

Em, Guitar Center is clearing out the F series Mesas (we're not gonna carry them anymore) so if you want one of those you can score a good deal on one.

Comment

The Zinky is fairly dark and a good grind but not as dark as a mesa.. Darker than a Marshall though...

Comment

Working...
                X