Deyoung Manufacturing O.T./P.T.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deyoung Manufacturing O.T./P.T.?

Anyone know what the cost of Deyoung Manufacturing Power and Output transformers are? Has any amp builders tried these out? I have a 15 Watt project I am thinking of....Maybe Twister Amps can answer this? Any info would be appreciated.

Re: Deyoung Manufacturing O.T./P.T.?

I don't know if DeYoung sells direct. I will guess more than you want to pay for a project amp.

http://www.deyoungmfg.com/
    www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Deyoungs are pretty pricey if you could even order a single set... for a 15 watt project amp, I'd seriously think about Hammonds. They sound really good. If you want to spend some coin, talk to mercury magnetics.

The transformers in my matchless clone were around $300 for the transformers alone, and it's just 15 watts. I would imagine if you could get the Deyoungs, they would be more expensive. Building an amp from scratch isn't as cheap as some would like to believe.

Pete

Comment

Thanks Twister...I'm sure this project amp is going to cost me some. I had a Mercury Magnetics OT/PT in my last High Gain amp. It sounded good. Did the $300.00 Transformers in your Matchless project really make a difference?

Comment

Many manufacturers, in all fields not just musical equipment, will only sell direct for full MSRP. To do otherwise would piss off their wholesale customers whose business they actually need. This was the case in the plumbing fixtures biz... the manufacturer was good to call to get the name of the narest dealer though, who would usually give us the trade discount of 35%-40% off retail.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks Lerxstcat...I should try that.

Comment

Working...
            X