Rockstand 7 anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockstand 7 anyone have one?

I ordered a Warwick Rockstand 7 so I could keep a few guitars out without having to lean any against furniture or anything like that. this will be for just in the house use. Ive read things where some people have problems with their guitars falling off these stands.. Is this a real problem or are those people just not with the program. Any experience with these? Things to watch out for? It should arrive in a few days.

Re: Rockstand 7 anyone have one?

No problems with mine so far. At the angles the guitars lean at, I can't see how they would fall out, short of receiving a serious push. Although, all my guitars are strat-style, so I don't know how other shapes may go.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I ordered a Warwick Rockstand 7 so I could keep a few guitars out without having to lean any against furniture or anything like that. this will be for just in the house use. Ive read things where some people have problems with their guitars falling off these stands.. Is this a real problem or are those people just not with the program. Any experience with these? Things to watch out for? It should arrive in a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got the 3-guitar model. It's very sturdy, and I don't
      think you'll have a problem with the gtrs falling out, but
      I do have a couple critiques of it:
      1) You can't put all models of gtr in it with the cord
      attached. I use mine in our practice room, and I
      like to leave my gtr plugged in when I set it down.
      The bottom retaining bar holds the gtr right where
      the input jack is on LPs, Jacksons, Teles etc.
      Should be no prob. for a Strat or SG--anything with the
      jack on the face of the gtr.

2) There's nothing to separate the gtrs in the stand,
      except at the headstock, so if you're not careful, you can smack your gtr into the one on the stand next to it when you're putting it down or picking it up.

3) If you're not careful how you set the guitar
      down, it can move quite a bit in the stand, i.e.
      there's a bit of play at the headstock, and the guitars
      sit in the stand at an angle, so they can flop around a little. Shouldn't be a problem if you're using common sense, but if you're in a hurry and you just kind of
      toss the guitar down, you could have it fall out of the
      stand or hit another gtr in the stand.

So, overall, I like it, it's sturdy and it looks very professional, but you do need to use care putting in and
      taking out the gtrs...

theo

Comment

Well, It arrived today. I'll have to assemble it this weekend and check it out. Thanks for the responses and the tips. Will a warlock fit in this thing?

Comment

I have one and it holds my RR models just fine. The angel allows the long wing to barely clear the floor. Mines sturdy, and no guitar has ever fallen out. I agree about not being able to leave them plugged in though.

Comment

I've got two of them. The only way you'd have any sort of trouble with them not holding guitars is if you put a guitar on the outside of the last peg. Then you'd really only have trouble with it if you moved it. (I broke a neck to a vintage Kramer by doing this brain-dead stunt)
            Occupy JCF

Comment

We use one of these on a cart at work to bring guitars from the warehouse to the floor. Never had any problems with them or different shapes.

Comment

I don't like them. I was going to buy one but was dissapointed in the quality. I bought one of the G&G Fender cases instead.

Comment

I have one and it works fine. I agree with lefty's point #2 - last month I was putting my sunburst Wolfie down in a hurry and dinged my purple one. Ouch!
                  I didn't know that an RR would fit on it, good to know.
                  Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I don't like them. I was going to buy one but was dissapointed in the quality. I bought one of the G&G Fender cases instead.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    I thought the quality was great. Please explain. Thanks

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it arrived and the box is kinda small and light. But I guess it just tubes and stuff. Maybe I'll give it a go tonight. All of my stuff is round bottomed except for the warlock. I hope it fits

Comment

I have one of these Fender caes for 7guitars.
                        They are great buy some of my guitars don't fit in there such as Y2KV, KV and Rhoads.
                        Also my Explorer didn't fit either.

Comment

Well, I put it together and it seems to be working just fine so far. I didnt like the angle that it forces you to have so I tightened up the screws at the hinge part and tilted the back part in so my guitars stand straight up. This way I can have it closer to the wall and the headstocks wont hit it. The warlock kinda fits although the one point is right on the outer bar. They all seem alot more secure than leaning up against a couch, thats for sure. Altogether, a decent purchase. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

if you wan tto leave them plugged in, turn the guitar around to face the othe rway....

Comment

Picture of finished product. One big happy family, at least half of it anyway.

Http://members.aol.com/carbuff/guitars.jpg

Yeah, the video tape rack has to go! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X