Eminence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminence

Anybody try any of these yet? What's good for 80's metal, Megadeth etc. Amp is an XTC

Re: Eminence

My rhythm guitarist has Blue Tick Hounds in his Marshall 4x12, and they sound awesome. Really mean and compressed, great for metal. They don't have that midrange bump that a lot of speakers have, so you can get that thick metal crunch without scooping all the mids out your amp.

Comment

That sounds cool but I would be a bit concerned about the compression in tandem w/ the obscene compression to be found in an XTC....the lack of a mid hump sounds good though.

Comment

Nah, they breathe real well when you clean them up. They respond to gain really well. You can actually use less gain--which means more definition--with these things, and still sound mean.

Comment

I have a VHT 4x12 that has P50E's in them that are built by Eminence. I just picked this last weekend so I haven't opened it up but it sounds nice at low to moderate volumes. I now have a matching 4x12 for my 50CL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

You like it better w/ the CL than the Bogner cab? How does your XTC sound through it?

Comment

El Bastardo is VERY happy with the ones he has recently picked up. Maybe He'll chime in after seeing the thread.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                You like it better w/ the CL than the Bogner cab? How does your XTC sound through it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't know just yet as it is too new to me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My first impressions are that it is on the same par as the Bogner cab (with the CL head anyways). I haven't tried the XTC with it yet. Its a front loaded cab that looks to be the exact same size as the Bogner cab. I do know its a keeper [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'd try the V12s, kinda like the V30s Megadeth use, but with less annoying midrange and high end fuzzyness.

Comment

Working...
                  X