Thinking of buying a new Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of buying a new Mesa

My problem is I want a good effects unit that doesnt have any type of overdrive or distortion in it to put in the loop. I love the tone of the Mesa. I dont want to add any extra distortion, so what are some of the choices for a good effects unit? Anyone have any suggestions?

Don

Re: Thinking of buying a new Mesa

If you want an effects unit with no overdrive/distortion and you're putting it in the loop, my first thought would be a G Major.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Yes - the G-Major. It adds no artifical colors or preservatives.

Comment

I didnt know that. I thought it added overdrive also. Well, that makes my decision really easy. Now to just a find one I can afford right away!

Thanks guys.

Don

Comment

I used a G-Major w/ my MK IV with outstanding results...alot of that had to do with the fact that the MK IV's loop is the best I've ever come across...bar none.

Comment

You CAN use the G Major as an overdrive, but you don't have to. It is pretty transparent. A friend of mine uses an Intelliflex in the effects loop of his Mark IV and he likes it.

Comment

I got a Boss Se-70 for ~$175 on ebay. 2 seconds of delay, plenty of chorus, reverb, phaser, flanger, phase shifter, wah, noise supressor, plus plenty of stuff you'll probably never use. I've only played around a little bit using delays and choruses on the clean channel of my Fender amp, and it sounds pretty damn transparent to me.
              oh yea, it's got a bunch of distortion stuff in it, but you obviously dont have to use em.

Comment

I've used Intellifex's and G-Majors. I'd go G-major if possible.

I still use my intellifex in my CAE3+se/VHT 2150 rack and I like it for the most part. But, I am just waiting for a good price on a G-major to come along when I have money to toss on it. Definitely a bit cooler unit that the intellifex. Much more transparent, more options, and more complex by far. Plus a cool basic Parametric in it...

They list about the same new around $450. But used the Gmajor stay high 300-400 and the intellifex's get stupid cheap like 150-250.

Basically, if you see an intellifex cheap, they are cool and cost effective. If buying new, go Gmajor.

Comment

I have a Rocktron Xpression on order. Looking forward to messing with it.

Shawn
                  Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

What is the G-MAJOR?I use to use a alesis midiverb(also has no overdrive and doesn't take away from your sound
                    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Comment

http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-Major

Comment

thanks will check out

Comment

sounds like a good effects unit.I am not very big on effect thats why I got rid of my alesis.does it kick the shit out the alesis I imagine at 5bills it should?

Comment

Yeah, although the MidiVerb does what it does quite well, the Gmajor is truly exponentially more capable in scope of effects and extremely impressive. The technology has came along way since the MidiVerb came out. You can get them for around $450 new. And it's worth it I assure you, if you try one, you have to play with it a while as the presets are iffy, and you really have to delve into the instructions and tweak the thing a lot. Once it's setup, it is pretty impressive.

Comment

thanks for the info.My guitarpalyer is looking to get some effects and keeps looking at the digitech crap.I keep trying to get it into his head that it's going to kill his tone.He had bought a midiverb from my old guitarplayer cheap($60.00)and sold it and is now kicking himself in the ass

Comment

Working...
                              X