JMP-1 for $150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMP-1 for $150?

Let me know if I should pick it up. Havn't played through it yet, don't know year or specs or whatever, all I know is I can grab one for $150 and it is in working condition, if a little dusty. If anyone can tell me more about it, LMK.

Re: JMP-1 for $150?

[ QUOTE ]
    Let me know if I should pick it up. Havn't played through it yet, don't know year or specs or whatever, all I know is I can grab one for $150 and it is in working condition, if a little dusty. If anyone can tell me more about it, LMK.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">You may really want to remember you initial agreement you signed with joining the JCF.

You are a junior member and not allowed to post gear for sale.

Also, you tried to circumvent the system by posting in another area of the forum.

You may want to PM an admin and beg forgiveness and ask them nicely to remove your ad before you are banned. If Sully sees it first, you may be noosed [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Really, not cool [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="yellow">You may really want to remember you initial agreement you signed with joining the JCF.

You are a junior member and not allowed to post gear for sale.

Also, you tried to circumvent the system by posting in another area of the forum.

You may want to PM an admin and beg forgiveness and ask them nicely to remove your ad before you are banned. If Sully sees it first, you may be noosed [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Really, not cool [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] </font>

[/ QUOTE ] This sounds like he is just asking advice about something he might buy. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I don't think he did anything wrong LPC. He isn't offering it for sale and it's in the right section [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Do'h....my bad.....dammit...

Sorry bro...I jumped the proverbial gun by the post title

Again...apologies.....

My mind isn't here today....I got a call from my Mom last night saying my Dad (who is close to 70) was hospitalized for Pneumonia and his Right lung was totally infected.

No excuse....but please accept my apology....
          [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't like them too much at all. But for 150, I'd even buy it just to have around. I sold mine mine for $400 bucks when I moved mine.

They do classic rock quite well, and many use it for metal. Cool thing is it's fully MIDI controllable. Not exactly heavy IMO. Like I said I'm not a fan, but that's mostly because it's highly overpriced at $699 list price. For $150, buy it and check it out.

Comment

LPC, no prob. Although some of you guys seem to have a hair trigger when it comes to new people and problems, it just shows that you guys have a good community here that you want to protect. I've already seen one great user forum (not guitar) just get decimated by popularity and new people posting the same stupid shit and **** up trades. Anyway, hope your dad gets better.
              Cleveland - Hmm, I was hoping it does heavy pretty well. I have a multieffect and a Metal zone in front of a fender hot rod deville 410, so I was trying to get more of a "real" metal tone out of it. It's used, and looked a little old, so I'm not sure it has MIDI (unless all of them do). I'm definately goin back and trying it out though.

Comment

Final Sacrifice, just bear in mind that we had a problem with newbies joining just to sell gear, and in some instances ripping people off. That's why the Junior status exists and the 100-post minimum for posting classifieds.
                Even though your post calrifies you're not trying to sell the item, please understand that we're not touchy just to be mean. Some people have gotten ripped, so the 100-post limit is meant so you post enough that we start to "know" you, and have a better basis on which to extend trust. I hope this explains it so you know we aren't just trying to make people feel unwelcome; that's not this place at all!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

$150 for a JMP-1?!?
                  That is a GREAT DEAL!!
                  These usually go for more than $300 at least I have seen on E-bay.
                  If the amp doesn't have problem, it si a great deal I even want one for that!!!

Comment

Yeah, all functions are totally MIDI controllable on all of them. Just need a MIDI controller pedal to switch the presets.

IMO, they have a less than desirable "modern" metal tone. If you want to do stuff like Saxon, Priest, old Savatage even Slayer-ish stuff and things like that which isn't REALLY all that heavy, it will do quite well.

I don't feel that it will get you a seriously heavy tone like what you are hearing in current stuff like a 5150, Uber, powerball or properly dialed in MESA will do.

It's useable, but many that want really heavy, will pass it up for more heavy sounding units. I truly consider it more of a hard rock or early metal years preamp.

What bands are you trying to sound like?

Comment

Well, I bought it. I thought it looked dusty when I first saw it on my first visit to the store, but it was near mint. It sounded great hooked up to some random old Fender amp in the store, but it sounds like shit plugged into mine. I tried a bunch of different ways of plugging just the JMP in, but didn't spend that much time tweaking the unit itself. The presets sounded killer on the amp in the store though, so I dunno.. If someone wants to tell me the best way to plug the JMP1, MT2, and Boss half rack effects unit together, please LMK.
                      The weird thing about my tone quest, is what I'm trying to get for whatever reason, is heavier and harder than anything I listen to. I don't listen to anything where I can't understand the vocals, which means pretty much Slayer on the far end of the spectrum. I love Priest, Maiden, etc but want to sound more like Iced Earth, BLS, I dunno really. I definately want the "chug" that hits you in the gut.

Comment

Yikes, it's not much of a chugger. Although they are basically meant to be used with a clean "power amp". Where it would chug and crunch a bit would be running it into the front end of an amp (like a glorified distortion pedal) that had some gain like a Marshall 800, they sound really heavy into one of those or a tube amp like that. May even sound cool into a slightly dirty solid state amp.

That preamp doesn't seem to like pedals in front of it too much. I never found anything I liked into it that really impressed me except maybe a Metalzone, haha, which is sorta redundant.

The preamp has quite a decent switchable and variable mix (through MIDI settings) effects loop, that is where I would try the effects.

What amp are you using now?

Comment

Fender Hot Rod Deville 410. I put the effects unit in the loop, but it didn't seem to work.

Comment

I have about $700, I've been thinking about buying a poweramp and cab to match.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Final Sacrifice, just bear in mind that we had a problem with newbies joining just to sell gear, and in some instances ripping people off. That's why the Junior status exists and the 100-post minimum for posting classifieds.
                              Even though your post calrifies you're not trying to sell the item, please understand that we're not touchy just to be mean. Some people have gotten ripped, so the 100-post limit is meant so you post enough that we start to "know" you, and have a better basis on which to extend trust. I hope this explains it so you know we aren't just trying to make people feel unwelcome; that's not this place at all!

[/ QUOTE ]
                              No, I understand completely. I've been on the other side, as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X