Carvin Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Legacy

Guys, they are also selling one of these heads here and I thought I would ask. Please tell me what you think of them for 80s rock and stuff like that. Also, I would like to know if you could play Metallica or Megadeth through one of these...

Re: Carvin Legacy

I think you could do better with other amps, but try it out, see what you think.

Pete

Comment

A Carvin MTS3200 is the better choice.

Comment

They are kille amps, but you wont' get much of a Metallica sound without a pedal.
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I hate them.

Comment

Ace, well, at least say why you hate them... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

They aren't heavy enough for what Ace and I like. I played one several times and spent some time with it, and really couldn't get a heavy tone I liked out of it.

But, you might like it. You must remember that we are trying for a considerably more heavier sound than I think you are.

Comment

I hate them because they suck.

Comment

HAHAHA!! Just kidding! Like Cleve said, there wasn't one tone in that box that had any balls. You might find something in there you like, but I would definitely reccomend you spend some time with one before you buy it.

Comment

Hey, if amp selection is really that limited there, and shipping costs are too much for us to get something decent out to you, maybe you should go rackmount. I am sure you can find a decent power amp pretty easy, and someone here can mail you a preamp for not too much, they only weigh about 10 lbs. Just a thought!

Comment

Ace, you know what?... I have actually decided to do that. I am looking at getting a cab here (there is a marshall 4x12 around) and then I will start getting rack-mount 1 space units little by little. I would really appreciate all your help on this enterprise... right now I am interested in a Mesa 20/20 as I had one and I know for sure I love that thing!... I may also take a Peavey classic 50/50 power amp if you guys recommend it. Do you think the peavey would be too loud for bedroom use?...

Comment

If you want to push the power section at bedroom levels, yes. If you just want a good tube power amp that can be cranked someday, no.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          If you want to push the power section at bedroom levels, yes. If you just want a good tube power amp that can be cranked someday, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you mean the Peavey is good but not very powerful?... I want a power amp with good tube sound and very little power.

Comment

He is saying that it will be too loud for bedroom use if you push the power section (turn it up loud), but it should be fine if you keep the volume at moderate levels for bedroom playing.

Comment

I mean tha the Peavey is too powerful if you are trying to get poewr amp distortion at bedroom levels. Most tube amps don't sound good until you open them up a bit, and you probably couldn't do that with 100W in your bedroom.

Comment

Working...
                              X