Combo to go with Live XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo to go with Live XT

Ok, ok... so I guess I am confused and I need to know is what would be a good/cheap combo to go with a POD XT live... does it matter if it is tube based or solid state?...

Well, I dont mean cheap, cheap but not one of your $2k monsters...

Re: Combo to go with Live XT

I run my Pod XT into a stereo power amp (Marshall Valvestate 8008 - about $250 used), then into a stereo 4x12 (Marshall 1960A; $700 new), and I think it works well, and was under $1,000 total. The power amp is small, (1 rack space), so I don't even use a rack; I just set it on top of the 4x12.

You could use a 2x12 (Genz Benz is nice, @ $560) if you wanted something easier to transport, or for an all-in-one setup, just get a power amp/speaker combo, like an Atomic Reactor ($500) or a Tech 21 Power Engine ($300).

I've also thought it would be cool to get a pair of powered monitors (JBL Eon 15" powered speakers are $400 each). The power amps are built in, and the full-range speakers ought to work well for a modeling amp. Plus, you could spread 'em apart and get a better stereo effect.

Good luck, and let your ears guide you. I'll be interested to know how you like whatever you end up getting.

Comment

Working...
    X