Digitech Whammy Adaptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech Whammy Adaptor

I've lost my adaptor for my Whammy pedal. Any one know where i can buy one from the internet? preferably a UK site
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Re: Digitech Whammy Adaptor

bump
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

To get the exact adpater you'd prolly have to get it ordered through a dealer or contact digitech. I hear they're nice guys.

On the other had it may be easier to get a generic adapter locally.

Does it have any requirements on the pedal itself?

Voltage, Milliamperage, AC or DC, Polarity (if DC), and you'd need to know what the size (inner and outer) is of the barrrel plug. You can get a supply that give more milliamperage than the unit takes, as it only uses what is needed, you just can't use a lesser supply.

Maybe someone has one, and would look at the supply and post that info.

Comment

Yeah i have one, however there is no label on the adapter.

For a WH1 there is some confusion. Some adapters had a label stating it was 9v. The manual actually states that it is 10v. However, i heard (from someone who contacted Digitech) that the original adapters are actually 9.6v.

The rest of the info:

9V (pref 9.6) AC output 750 mA
        Adapter Model Number - ps750

So if you either sourced a generic powersupply that fitted that description (maybe from a music / electronic store), or contacted digitech...i'm not sure if its the same as the re-issue, you should be ok.

Hope that helps.

Comment

This would do it as it seems to have different adapters for the output barrel connector... In the UK, maybe it has some value for you.

AL00249 9Vac 1000mA (1A) plug-in (about 2/3 the way down the page)

http://www.mselectrical.co.uk/electr...ries/pw/pw.htm

Comment

thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Which Whammy do you have? Because I have the WH4 and it requires a 1200mA adapter. Which reminds me, I want to get a power supply to power all my pedals so I don't have to use batteries or individual power supplies. The problem is the Whammy because it requires so much power. I'm looking at the Godlyke adapter and it has 1.7 amp, would this equal 1700mA?
              Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

From what i know of, i have the newer Whammy Pedal with the Midi output
                93 USA Soloist EDS
                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Steve...the info i wrote earlier may not be relevant then, if you have the newer one, i was talking about the WH1. I recommend contacting digitech in that case for an official psu, or even just for the details etc. I believe that the pedal is greatly affected by the incorrect power, tonewise. It may cost a bit more for an 'offical' one, but at least you will know its going to function correctly.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    it has 1.7 amp, would this equal 1700mA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Also, most 9 volt adapters when measured are putting out more than 9 volts really, not sure why. Most I've checked around 9.5 or more.

You definitely want to error on having more mA power than less. It uses only what it needs, and no more, just like everything else in your house.

Less mA, and the thing won't function properly if at all.

Comment

the original WH1 used a power supply called the ps750, and yes it was 9.6 volts,
                      I have an original WH1 and HAD a whammy 4, the whammy 4 came with a PS0913b-120, this power supply is a direct replacement for the ps750.

I use this power supply on my WH1 and WH4 with no problems.

I just called digitech yesterday about this, so this info is current. I needed a new ps for my WH1 as I got it without one.

Anyhow, I hope this helps, if you can't get this PS, then I'll try to hook you up with one from my store, I live in canada though.
                      they sell for 17$ canadian.

Chris S

Comment

Working...
                      X