value of peavey 2x12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• value of peavey 2x12?

I was wondering if someone here could give me a value of my peavey 2x12 50watt classic vt series? It's got two 6l6's, made in the usa.... I can't seem to find the year...

Re: value of peavey 2x12?

dont know the value but my half sisters dad says those things are sweet after some warm up time.

Comment

not sure but a completed items search on ebay shows it should be in the $250-$300 range.

Comment

I have a 1985ish Peavey Heritage VTX series that is valued around $300 or so. Just a reference to yours....

Comment

Is it the single-channel version, that does NOT have Scorpion speakers and blue trim around the faceplate? If so, it is probably a late `70s model. I own one 2x12 that I bought for $200, and a 4x10 that I bought for around $300-350. I have gigged with both of them, and with a good preamp or distortion pedal to drive it, the sound is great. With a Marshall logo, I bet they'd sell for double or triple that amount.
          sigpic

Comment

thanks guys! it's the single channel, and no scorpions, but it has silver trim(?)..... I bought it for $200.... it does take FOREVER to warm up though......

Comment

Yep, silver trim would make it the same as mine. I guess I never really noticed.
              sigpic

Comment

What's forever, 5 minutes? Have you checked or replaced the tubes? Made sure the tube sockets are cleaned? After all, that is a 25 to 30 year old amp there, may need some maintenance. A little contact cleaner in the tube sockets and all around the inputs and outputs may do wonders. UNPLUG IT FIRST though!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have the same amp, silver trim and 12" speakers that are not labeled as Scorpions. I paid $200 for it in 1987. The owner's manual is still available to download from Peavey. Mine warms up in under 30 seconds. The serial # does not match the format on later amps,(i.e. the first two digits of the serial number is the year). My serial # starts off 0A- I have guessed early '70s manufacture, but it is only a guess. This amp is very heavy, bulky and loud for 50 Amps. It doesn't have the distortion/crunch of newer amps, but has a nice clean sound and seems to take effects okay. Value on EBAY seems to be @ $250.

Comment

Working...
                  X