Crate BV120H effects loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate BV120H effects loop

ok, stupid question...this is my first tube amp, but probably has nothing to do with this...I have a 2 button footswitch, one button changes channels, clean and overdrive. The 2nd button turns the effects loop on and off. My question is, WHY would I want to turn the effects loop off?? I have a pedal run through it, and would think I would always want it on.

Re: Crate BV120H effects loop

You could use that as a lead boost (run a boost pedal in the fx loop, kick it on for solos when you want more volume) or if you wanted a heavily processed sound and to be able to quickly switch to a dryer one, etc.

It's useless if you put stuff in the loop that you always want on - but it does come in handy for lead boosts. That's what I always used mine for.

Pete

Comment

Bret (slo 100) once told me that he runs a rack delay in the effects loop of one of his amps that stays on all the time, then uses that button on his footswitch to bring the delay in and out.

Comment

ok, thanks guys. Makes more sense now.

Comment

Hey sis, you think you're going to keep that BV for a while? If so, and if you're interested, I have a full set of factory schematics for it that I'll mail you, if you want.

Lemmie know...
          Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Hey Keith, it's definitley a keeper...sure would appreciate it. I'll PM you my address. Thanks!!

Comment

N.P.! Glad it can go somewhere / to somebody that it may help someday. Sure isn't going to do me any good here, I sold mine about a year ago.

Keith
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Hmmm, maybe one of you could scan them for me too?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                X