Carvins new amp !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carvins new amp !!!

Yes ,that would be a great idea. I believe it is called the FS44 footswitch. Man, I hope so, I want to keep it simple that way and that footswitch looks cool, but neads some added LED`s for sure. Jack.

Comment

Well, they could just put a dedicated FX loop on each channel. The only downside to that would be the need for multiple effects units. I'd probably prefer it, though, since I only need a chorus on the Clean and a wah on the Lead.

MIDI, however, would give you the ability to switch the channel on the amp and the preset on the effects unit at the same time.
      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        *****For some reason I highly doubt they're going to accomplish these goals.*****

Why is that?

*****Here's a thought, why don't they try to design an amp that has an original tone of it's own, instead of ripping off the tone/voicings of other amps?*****

They have and do. Every tube amp in their line up at this moment is a original sounding amp and not a rip off of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought of the Legacy as a Bogner copy...

Pete

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          *****For some reason I highly doubt they're going to accomplish these goals.*****

Why is that?

*****Here's a thought, why don't they try to design an amp that has an original tone of it's own, instead of ripping off the tone/voicings of other amps?*****

They have and do. Every tube amp in their line up at this moment is a original sounding amp and not a rip off of anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever owned or even played a Marshall Plexi, or how about a Diezel Herbert? Moreover what type of "Plexi" are they refering to? A 1959SLP, a 1987, a JTM45, perhaps a JTM100. I love how people like to throw the word "Plexi" around, as if it refered to one speicific amp. I own a few "Plexis" as well as a Diezel Herbert, and guess what, they sound nothing a like. Furthermore, the circuits found in each amp, the transformers, the wattage, the tubes, etc. are totally different (this is why they sound different btw [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). To claim that a single amp will be able to do all these tones is the equivalent of claiming that the world is flat. It's BS.

Carvins are original? Please. Go listen to a Diezel or a VHT or a Mad Professor. These are original sounding amps. Affordable, yes. Original... hardly.

The next thing you'll try to tell me is that Carvin invented strat type bolt on guitars. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It's obvious that they're going for an approximation of those sounds, and by by Plexi they probably mean a 1959, s they're in effect trying to build an analog modeling tube amp to get in the ballpark of those tones.

Why, though, are you so hostile towards that idea, Wiz? Not everybody can afford a $4600 Diezel as well as the other vintage or modern high-dollar amps. Should they not have an affordable alternative? Considering that guitar and amp makers have all stolen from each other as they worked for the big guys, what is sacred?

The V3 is not going to take any customers from VHT, Bogner, Diezel, etc... because they are completely different segments of the market, one of which is "money is no object" and the other is "Value for the dollar". If you don't want one, cool. If you don't like the sounds, cool too, that's your opinion. Why be offended by its very existence though? It's no skin off your ass is it?
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Is it because Via used a Bogner before he had the Legacy? I have never compared schmatics, but I have tried a number of Bogners. None of them sounded anything like the Legacy to my ears.

Comment

Yes, I have played/owned old Marshalls. I haven't heard the V3, but my guess is that the "Hot Rodded Plexi/Legacy" description was used because, for some reason, many people claim that the Legcay sounds like a hot rodded plexi. I dissagree, but Carvin knows that people think this and used it to their advantage. I would put money on that when the amp comes out that the channel in question will pretty much be a Legacy.

Comment

*****Carvins are original? Please. Go listen to a Diezel or a VHT or a Mad Professor. These are original sounding amps. Affordable, yes. Original... hardly.*****

What are you talking about?
                  What is the MTS a copy of?
                  What is the Legacy a copy of?
                  What is the V16 a copy of?
                  What is the Belair/Nomad a copy of?

These amps I mention sound nothing like any other amps on the market that I am aware of.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Carvins are original? Please. Go listen to a Diezel or a VHT or a Mad Professor. These are original sounding amps. Affordable, yes. Original... hardly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlike Diezel. They of course invented their sound completely on their own without any nods to Marshall, Boogie, Fender at all. Bullshit. Even if they locked themseleves in room and designed the amp in isolation the tones they were going for were based on sounds they'd been hearing for years and years.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not surprising. Vai played Bogners. Vai used Marshalls and the Carvin X100B as well. These amps all sound fairly similar at the fundamental level - sure the range of controls varies and the options are different but they all have a classic Marshall tone.

I've only played through 2 Bogners for any length of time - an Ecstasy and a Shiva. The Shiva sounded like a kick ass vintage Marshall tone with a bit more refinement - definitely Plexi 1959 type territory. The Ecstasy sounds like they picked up where the JCM 800 left off and went in the right direction vs. what Marshall did with the 900 and the current DSL/TSL 2000 stuff. The Ecstasy is really the ultimate hot rodded JCM 800 with mucho bells and whistles.

I did play through an Uberschall briefly once, that thing was like the ultimate hot-rodded Ecstasy [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Is it because Via used a Bogner before he had the Legacy? I have never compared schmatics, but I have tried a number of Bogners. None of them sounded anything like the Legacy to my ears.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then, they didn't succeed, did they? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The Bogners were Vai's amps of choice before the Legacy, and they both are voiced dark/low mids. I don't see the legacy as the way to get a bogner tone for low dollars, but some do.

Face it... EVERY amp is going to be designed/built on the shoulders of what came before it.

Pete

Comment

Yea I understand that, but then people should be calling pretty much any amp that is not a Fende, Marshall or Vox a imitation. Why can't all these amp makers do something original? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Why, though, are you so hostile towards that idea, Wiz? Not everybody can afford a $4600 Diezel as well as the other vintage or modern high-dollar amps. Should they not have an affordable alternative? Considering that guitar and amp makers have all stolen from each other as they worked for the big guys, what is sacred?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is "sacred" or as I see it, bad form, is to use a small one-man company's fame and namesake to sell the products of a large multi-million dollar company that can spend some of that capital on R/D and advertising instead of selling knock-offs. Line 6 is also guilty of this as well.

[ QUOTE ]
                            The V3 is not going to take any customers from VHT, Bogner, Diezel, etc... because they are completely different segments of the market, one of which is "money is no object" and the other is "Value for the dollar". If you don't want one, cool. If you don't like the sounds, cool too, that's your opinion. Why be offended by its very existence though? It's no skin off your ass is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that they are taking away customers, but rather they are using the names and notariaty of other amps to sell their own products. This isn't even a reissue or replica type product, but rather a direct "cheap-knock off". Then on the other hand, guys are still selling fake Rolexes in Times Square, so somebody must be buying them.

If someone thinks they are going to get the sounds of any Marshall Plexi and a Diezel Herbert out of a single box, I have some Everglades waterfront property they might be interested in. Water rights included [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Comment

*****It's not that they are taking away customers, but rather they are using the names and notariaty of other amps to sell their own products.*****

Carvin isn't doing what you are saying here. The "other amp" descriptions of the V3 are coming from someone who has a "beta" version of the amp. Carvin isn't using the names of any amp other than there own.

Comment

If they put that description in their catalogue or on the website — and aren't paying a royalty fee for the name usage — then, yeah, you'd have a legitimate gripe. Much agreement on the Line6 knock.
                                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                                X