Carvins new amp !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvins new amp !!!

Its called the V3. It is a 3 channel tube amp. Holy crap does it look nice. Save your money boys.

Re: Carvins new amp !!!

It is probably not too expensive either...

Comment

Anyone have a price on that yet?

Comment

I wonder if there are any samples of this available yet?

Comment

that looks fucking saweet *searchs for soundclips*

Comment

Any word yet on whether this thing is all-tube, or if the distortion comes from diode clipping? That was a major shitshorm when the MTS came out.
            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Supposedly all tube. No price yet that I know of. Supposed to have a clean channel with a drive knob, a hot rodded Marshall/Legacy channel, and a Recto/Diezl channel. Midi controllable also, with solo boost.

Comment

<font color="yellow">Historically, Carvin stuff is very reasonable to the consumer.

I myself had the Carvin Quad-X, T-100 Amp, and footswitch back in the day, which was a screaming deal for a 4 channel tube preamp. I ordered it when I was in Okinawa, Japan (talk about snail-mail [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]).

It looks cosmetically similar to the new Peavy stuff and Mesa Boogie amps...they're probably trying to capitalize on that.

It will be interesting to see what it lists for and any sound clips for it.

I doubt I'd ever get it, but will be cool to check out. </font>

Comment

I'm with you LPC. I'd really like to hear it but I don't think I'd buy it.

The problem with Carvin gear is that there seems to be absolutely no resale value on it... Check out ebay, their stuff goes for dirt cheap on there.

Comment

Well, the question is if you're buying it to re-sell it, or to use it. Even so, it'd probably be easier to offload without taking a serious hit than a Decatone or a Pittbull.

Comment

I am getting one if it sounds good. No Reverb unfortunately. Supposed to have a Biasing feature on it and can run on 6L6 or EL34 tubes. Mid Contour. N oFootswitch for it unfortunately. I am very curious and am holding off buying another amp until I see the final product and hear it without pedals or effects. Jack.

Comment

*****The problem with Carvin gear is that there seems to be absolutely no resale value on it...*****

But at the same time Carvin offers some of the best sounding amps, and at the same time offer some of the best build quality at the price point (better build quality than Peavey IMO) that you probably won't want to sell it. I know I would never sell my Legacy head, and I have had that for almost 5 years now, and the attachment gets stronger ever time I use it!

Comment

I'm still diggin' my old X-100B. Fuzzy grey carpet and everything.

Comment

Hey, how is that X-100B? I had one in my ebay watch list, and it sold for $355

Im looking for something you can shred on (think 80's Paul Gilbert, Vai, no death/black metal), and is clean and clear sounding overdrive.

Ive read some reviews, and they look quite promising. Is yours the 6L6 older one or the newer El34 model?

This new Carvin looks cool

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              *****The problem with Carvin gear is that there seems to be absolutely no resale value on it...*****

But at the same time Carvin offers some of the best sounding amps, and at the same time offer some of the best build quality at the price point (better build quality than Peavey IMO) that you probably won't want to sell it. I know I would never sell my Legacy head, and I have had that for almost 5 years now, and the attachment gets stronger ever time I use it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I should clarify exactly what I ment by that... I would never buy a new Carvin because of the resale value. My bass guitar (LB75) and bass head (R1000) are both awesome, but I would never buy them brand new because they're available on ebay or from other people for ridiculously low prices. Carvin does indeed produce some awesome gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X