Carvins new amp !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carvins new amp !!!

I think some of you guys need to spend more time playing your guitars through your amps and less time worrying about what they are called. You're going to have to look very hard to find a truly 'original' commercial tube guitar amp anywhere - nearly all of the 'innovative' ideas were stolen from tube radios and hi-fis.

Even a vintage Fender guitar amp is just a Western Electric circuit copy...

Pete

Comment

What is the status on this amp?
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

still being tweaked. A few prototypes are currently being tested but nothing concrete yet.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I think some of you guys need to spend more time playing your guitars through your amps and less time worrying about what they are called. You're going to have to look very hard to find a truly 'original' commercial tube guitar amp anywhere - nearly all of the 'innovative' ideas were stolen from tube radios and hi-fis.

Even a vintage Fender guitar amp is just a Western Electric circuit copy...

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that Pete!....Tone is in the ear of the beholder! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

IMHO every amp begins its life based off a Marshall or a Fender or a combination of the two.

I don't understand why they hype something that is still in the development stages. So Carvin has a new fukkin amp, big fucking deal. Hell this thread was started in January and its now May and we still dont have anything. Hell Pete could have build killer amp in that timeframe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ...and it would sound better than any Carvin too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I agree, Carvin has a bad habit of telling you very little about something new, a little tidbit here and there and let`s the Forum members hype the shit out of it and then too long way down the line bring it out. I beleive they do this so sales are very strong at first, before the jury is out on tone and/or quality. This can be good or bad, depending on which side of the fence you are on. Myself, I am planning on getting a 100 watt head in 2006 from someone, it may be the Carvin V4, maybe not. I am curious what it will sound like, but I don`t want to hear it with a ton of effects to hide it`s organic state. Jack.

Comment

All this talk about Carvin amps has me wondering.

Understanding that the V3 (which looks pretty cool to me, BTW) won't be available for sometime, how do the Carvin Legacy and the Carvin MTS3200 compare, sound-wise? I like a hot-rodded Marshall tone with a lot of gain, a la early EVH and Zakk Wylde. Would either of them fit that bill? Would either be better than the other? I prefer to get all of my gain from the amp, without having to use a distortion or overdrive on top of it. Would either of them be able to do that, or do they require a stompbox to get high gain (I think Vai uses a stompbox distortion, but the Legacy's comparison to a Bogner has me hoping for high gain from the amp itself)? Thanks.

Comment

My friend asked one of those carvin dudes @ Musikmesse Frankfurt about the availability of the V3 and they told him it'll be available about september.

Comment

Also take into consideration that their catalog comes out quarterly (I think) and they try to debut something new every issue. Sometimes it's a mixer, or a keyboard amp, or a new guitar model, or whatever. Last time I think it was a new channel-changing wireless and new speakers for their guitar amps. They can't have everything come out at once, or they won't have new features in almost every catalog.
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
                    X