NAMM - Have you tried the new Peavey Penta amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM - Have you tried the new Peavey Penta amp

If anyone attending NAMM can check this amp and can provide some feedback on it that would be greatly appreciated. The basic information on the amp has been provided by Peavey on their website.

Re: NAMM - Have you tried the new Peavey Penta amp

I am wondering if this is the rumored Lynch amp that was suppose to be the Brahma? It was reported that it was going to be a single channel amp.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Yes, that's the one.

Comment

Yeah, its basically a JCM 800 but with increased gain.

Smells like Lynch to me.

Comment

Too bad it doens't have an effects loop.

Comment

I didn't really like it... It was a good amp but there were a ton of good amps... I guess when you go from playing an Ectasy to the Penta it can't really hold up... It sounded alright but for me it did not wow me... That being said I saw a couple guys just raving how much they liked the amp
            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Tetsuo:

I wish I could afford a Bogner, but I can't right now. Even if you liked better other amps, what is your assessment of the Peavy Penta? Could you ploease provide more details? Thanks.

Comment

Thread Resurrection!!!

Has anybody had a chance to play the Peavey Penta amp, in the real world? Or anybody who played one at NAMM care to give an in-depth review?! I am very excited about this amp, and am looking for feedback! (pun intended) Whether George was in or out of the process, this amp is a killer idea, and I'm dying to try one out. Peavey kicks butt, plain and simple. I love how they are still producing the 5150 under the 6505 moniker (FU-EVH) and I also love how they went ahead with production of the Penta (formerly: Brahma) after GL put in all of the hard work with the design, and his ear and sound etc. only to pull out for monetary reasons. Too bad, this amp looks like it has serious potential, IMO.
                [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I also want to know about this. Is the amp already in the stores?

Comment

i played it at NAMM and my biggest concern was the channel select isn't footswitchable. it has a lot of tones to dial up with that chicken head knob but you can't change them with a footswitch. when they correct that issue - i think it will be a very nice amp. you are a bit limited without the footswitch access.
                    the clean was nice and you get a nice palette of dist. channels/sounds. some light and some chunky. it looks cool (very "old Marshall retro") but i personally was digging the JSX more thru a classic 4x12 cab for features and tones.
                    you should really try it out before you buy it to be safe.

Comment

Working...
                    X