Marshall Lead 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Lead 100

What is this? I can get the head for $250.... good deal?
    is it tube or solidstate?

Re: Marshall Lead 100

It's solid state. I had one for a few years. It was ok, but definitely nothing great. I love my lead 12 now for practice, so maybe I was using it incorrectly back then? It was ok for punk I guess, lots of feedback whenever the reverb was used, looking back I had an Ibanez destroyer that may have been the feedback culprit. I'd snag one if it was like $200 shipped, but I think you could get a fender roc-pro for $250 that would be a better amp.
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Yep, a Roc-Pro or a Valvestate is much better than the Lead 100. If you like anything like modern gain it won't do it for you. The lead channel lacks gain and the clean channel is no good either, really. I can say that I wouldn't pay $100 for one, no offense to anyone that likes them, but you won't get past Angus in the gain department. The Lead 12 has a much better sound than the Lead 100.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The Lead 100 is quite possibly the WORST amp Marshall has EVER made!

Comment

I'm gunna save my money for a carvin......

Comment

I read on another thread that Carvin was blowing out its discontinued SX200 heads for $200. I don't know if they have any left though...
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X