1987 Marshall JCM800 #2210

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Marshall JCM800 #2210

This is my monthly post professing my love for the greatest JCM800 I have ever owned. If any of you bro's are looking to get into a serious as a heart attack Marshall JCM800 than look no further. 100w, split (2 channel), kicking reverb, great clean channel, high gain circuit, effects loop, direct line out. There is no metal or hard rock player on the planet that wouldn't love this amp. IMHO, it's perfect. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: 1987 Marshall JCM800 #2210

So, you're selling it? hehe...

Comment

Not a chance. Why, how much do you want to give me for it?? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I can testify! I just played through it at John's this week and it's got me on the look out for one. I had a 2205 years ago that I loved, but the 2210 just smoked it. At low volume too!
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Nah, I've owned enough of em. I miss them too.

Waiting for a steal of a deal if I get another. And that could be a long time. haha...

Comment

*sigh* that was my one of my old JCM800s.

She was beat but could sing. You oughta name that amp Tina Turner. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

I've got a '82 Aniversary 2210. It has been a Ho Humm amp for as long as I have had it (Bought it new in 1982). Maybe after '82 they got better? A change in electronics?
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I heard they possibly changed some of the high gain circuitry starting in 1985.
                Mine looks like it has been on the road since 1987 with no road case but it sounds like a million bucks.

Comment

glad you still like it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

my 83 JCM800 2203 is still kicking strong after years of abuse (gigging) and a lot of time collecting dust while I played around with other stuff. That amp was responsible for me re-discovering tube amps.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I'm still kicking my ass after getting rid of it, but the Mesa does the job I need it to, high gain, great clean, 3 channels.

I'm suprised you like the clean on the JCM800 2210, when I had it, I couldn't get passed it, I just thought it was awful, the distortion MORE than made up for it however.

Comment

Its not the best clean I ever heard but it is more than useable and it has the distinct Marshall JCM clean tone that has been recorded thousands of times. Add some delay and chorus to it and it sounds great. The reverb of the this amp helps it out alot too.

Comment

Working...
                      X