Mesa Studio .22 versus Mesa F30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Studio .22 versus Mesa F30

I did a search and found nothing comparing the two. Then again, my internet is being very slow and I am unable to search very far back in the archives.

So, please give your impressions of both. I've played an F30 and wasn't too impressed by it, but that could also be because I was trying it at the music store at a very low volume because I have a thing against disturbing others. I was really there to try out the KV2T, not the F30. Anyways...

I also hear the Studio .22 is discontinued, and that the F30 is somewhat related to the Studio line. Or, maybe they're completely different beasts with the only thing common between them being their low wattage.

Do not write about one without talking about the other. I'm looking for people who have played BOTH and I don't really want to read "useless posts" about your praise for one just because you have it without having tried/owned the other. Info, brothers... please! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Pretend I'm stupid and I know nothing about the two in general. The more info, the better!

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Mesa Studio .22 versus Mesa F30

What style of music are you looking for?

Comment

As versatile as possible. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't need ultra-brutal distortion. Supreme shimmering clean is important. Medium-high "classic metal" type tones are my fave... think modern take on vintage/classic fat crunch tones. I don't know how else to describe that. Midrange a la Satriani, I love how he cuts through and the guitar stands out.

Comment

Neither of the amps you mentioned will do it for you although the F30 would be closer than the Studio 22+.

For a Mesa I would look at a Mark III or IV or maybe a Nomad.

The amp that would do exactly what you are asking for would be the Carvin MTS3212.

Comment

i think a nomad would do it for you.
          it is probably the most versitale and the best value for a mesa amp.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Pretend I'm stupid

[/ QUOTE ]Who needs to pretend?? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K

I've got an F30 and love it, but I've never played a Studio .22, so I guess I'll shut up now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Quiet, moobs, or I'll strangle you with a mansierre. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I knew you had an F30, and I remember Ken had one too. What is it with you NJers and your F30s? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTP, buy a Yamaha soldano designed combo.
                They are great and I used to use a head version and loved it!
                They usually go for around $400-500 at max
                No Graphic EQ but has Reverb.
                There are 100 and 50watt versions of combos on E-bay now FYI.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] NJ rocks out on the F30s!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I had my combo before Ken, then he sold his to someone else here anyway. I believe Tonemonster also has one. I actually think I want the head version, too, someday. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Maybe I'll custom order one with green tolex or even leather! [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I have Ken's it's a great amp especially when you crank it

Comment

the F series took over where the caliber series left off.

i don't think a nomad would make you happy at all.

the satriani sound was originally created by the old orange boss dist pedal (can't remember model but the 3 knob orange one was it) in front of a marshall.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

boss ds1

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          the F series took over where the caliber series left off.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Exactly. The F series is basically a descendant from the Dual Caliber and Studio series amps. The F series gain structure is also inspired by the Dual Rectifier, just a little bit different harmonically.

Comment

Working...
                          X