Need Opinions On Soldano AstroVerb 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Opinions On Soldano AstroVerb 16

there's one on EBay I might grab, what is the general consensus on these as I have never heard one in person.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Re: Need Opinions On Soldano AstroVerb 16

Excellent gain. A little more than a JCM800. Nice reverb. Very little headroom so don't expect to get a loud clean channel.

Comment

Nick, what are you exactly looking for ? I mean what type of Music do you play and want to play with the amp?

Comment

I had an Atomic for a short, very short, while. It's the same amp with no verb. I was the shitiest sounding amp. The gain was very buzzy. I couldn't get a tone I liked out of it. The HC reviews talk it up to be just like at JCM 800, but lower wattage.

Maybe mine was a dud, but I hated it.
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I'm with Frosty. I couldn't get rid of mine fast enough. The person I sold it to dumped it right away as well.
          Don't bother.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, the one I was watching got snagged by someone else ($760.00) so it's not a happening deal anyway. I'm a bit surprised though, going by the reviews on harmony Central I would have thought more positives would've been given here. I guess I'll steer clear of these.

Comment

I own the 1x12 and think it's awesome. It's not going to to uberdeathsatan metal without something in front of it, but that stuff is lame anyway!

At that price though, you might as well buy a new one.

Comment

Ya I thought that was a little high. I wish a store in the Boston area had one so I could go check it out myself.

Comment

Unfortunately I have no way to record anything or I'd make you some clips.

Comment

I don't play "uberdeathsatan metal" either and I hated it.
                    I'm a big time Soldano freak, too.

Comment

Well it's certainly different from the SLO considering it's got EL34's (Unless I'm retarded, I think the SLO has 6L6's), but I like it for what it is. Small enough to play in my house at 3AM yet big enough to go jam with other people, and I can carry it around with 1 hand. I like the fact that it takes me 1 trip out to the car to bring all of my gear.

It's all fairly subjective anyway, I hate a lot of stuff that "everyone" seems to love as well.

Comment

I liked it to. I had the head and I ran it through a 4 x 12 and it sounded great. If it had an effects loop I would have kept it for sure. Don't be mislead though. It ain't no SLO.

Comment

The one I had used el-84 tubes. I couldnot find a tone I liked. My metal tastes are Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and such.
                          "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I didn't think it was a good amp for Maiden/Priest type stuff. I thought it had a Scorpions/Dokken type tone. It had alot of Sizzle and high end bite. Its a great amp if you are looking to cut through a mix. Another nice feature is the fact that you can turn it up to 7-8 and totally saturate the the tubes and be a perfect live gig volume or you can leave it around 2 and get a nice bedroom level.

Comment

Working...
                            X