Finally got a chance to 'open up' my amp and GFlex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finally got a chance to \'open up\' my amp and G

Woah! I feel even better now about your cab, knowing that you've auditioned all that amp-age through it for me! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Not all of them through the G flex actually all I played through teh (that was for all three cabs) through the G Flex I used the Vetta the VHT and a Mesa Mark IV
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Noodles, I'll bet that Marshall cab kicks butt with it, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds pretty damn good, but I'm still looking for something better. The vintage 30s have this nice growl in the bass, but you still have a bit of that Celestion midrange honk. Nowhere near as bad as the GT12-75 speakers, but I'm still getting sick of the Brittish sound. I'm going to have to try one of those Benz cabs now.

Comment

I currently have a 4x12 Behringer slant stereo cab. The one with the turned out top speakers. It sound good but it doesn't blow me away. I just want to hear what this head will sound like with different cabs and if I'm blown away I will sell the Behringer.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Hey Keith~ Try turning the Master Volume up to about 3/4's all the way and use your Channel volume to 3 or 4.... Really gets crunch/punchy with the Master Volume cranked.....

Comment

I'll do it, Brad. Shame on me, but I tried that before with the old cab and didn't care for it as much, but (for example) I go back and forth on the damping switch trying to decide where I like it best. I need a freaking notebook to keep track of all the setting combinations that I try - but unlike some other amps I've owned, with this one I like ALL the sounds that come out of it, which makes it harder to pick favorites... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Speaking of favorites, Friday AM dear mom flys out of TXK regional en route to casa de axe: why don't you be a pal, and send a guitar over with her. I'll be good to it, and I'll probably even send it back to you in a couple of weeks when she goes back home.

What do you say?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Keith

Comment

I have the 412 Flex and it has become such a intergal part of my sound, that I have a hard time playing anything else. Similar to the 212's, but a little more midrange.....

[ QUOTE ]

Also curious if anyone here has tried the G-Flex 4x12? I heard them on the tour where Fates Warning played with Queensryche and Dream Theater, and i was pretty impressed with the tones...

[/ QUOTE ]
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  I'll do it, Brad. Shame on me, but I tried that before with the old cab and didn't care for it as much, but (for example) I go back and forth on the damping switch trying to decide where I like it best. I need a freaking notebook to keep track of all the setting combinations that I try - but unlike some other amps I've owned, with this one I like ALL the sounds that come out of it, which makes it harder to pick favorites... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Speaking of favorites, Friday AM dear mom flys out of TXK regional en route to casa de axe: why don't you be a pal, and send a guitar over with her. I'll be good to it, and I'll probably even send it back to you in a couple of weeks when she goes back home.

What do you say?

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Keith

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] hmmmmm.... How about the Polka Dot? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe you could just send me a pic of the current inventory, so I can check one out like from the library?

Comment

I totally want one of those library cards. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X