Boss GT-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-8

I remember a post asking when these would be out. Looks like a handy unit.

This looks like a cool feature..."The Dynamic mode enables two channels to be controlled based on picking strength -- transition smoothly from clean to mean by simply picking harder or softer."

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...s/PR/GT-8.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Re: Boss GT-8

Sweet! I had a feeling this would show up at NAMM. I've been debating buying a GT-6 or PODXT Live or Vox Tonelab. I think I'll just wait for the GT-8 to hit stores. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Seems cool, but I'm going to want to try one before buying. Coolest features:

- allows running two different amp models simultaneously
      - "solo switch" for leads

Wish it had some better recording interfaces, though.

Comment

Marty Friedman played through it at the show.... I wasn't impressed with it as far as his tone... as was stated by my friend A Drunk Sammy Hagar had better tone through a Blue Voodoo the day before... Maybe it would sound better through an amp he went DI
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I know my ME-50 sounded way too harsh (buzzzzzz)when I tried to record direct. I farted around with it through the front end of my amp and although I like my amps own gain it did sound much better than direct.

I only us time based effects through my XXX effects loop and it sounds great in that application.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

It would be cool to blend two amp sounds together like the Line 6 stuff does. However, that dynamic thing sounds absolutely useless... there are times when I play distorted tones softly and clean tones picked/strummed as hard as I can. Most of the time, it's just my heavy handed attack anyways. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I think I'll keep my GT-6 for a good while longer. Maybe when the GT-10 comes out, I'll get a dirt cheap GT-8. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTP I think it is a wise choice,,,,,
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I just need some sorta recording device. Can this be hooked up to my sound card and just go direct?

Comment

I used to use my GT-6 at my computer plugged straight into the microphone slot. It worked pretty well for recording, in my opinion. It was also good for practicing at the computer since my amp's in the basement and my computer is in my bedroom upstairs. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But nowadays I am lazy when practicing in my room, and I just bring the guitar and play unplugged. I sorta understand what people mean when they say that tone comes from the fingers now. With no amp, I can work on making my notes naturally sustain and ring out like they're supposed to, and no sloppiness is masked up, forcing me to improve. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds great if you have a great amp..The xt live sounds good all the time, I have fooled maybe people.

Comment

Working...
                    X