Would this setup work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this setup work?

I saw this on an HC review and thought it sounded like it should work. The goal is to take a 2 channel Tech 21 Trademark 60 and add 3 more channels with a Tech 21 Tri-AC.

Guitar => TC Electronics Chorus w/ 2 outputs=>One output to Tech 21 TM 60 Input; One output to Tech 21 Tri-A.C.

TM60 Effects Send=>A/B Box-A Input
    Tri-A.C. =>A/B Box-B Input

A/B Box Out=>TM60 Effects Return

This would basically give me a 5 channel TM60, yes? If so, would the chorus be useable or would I have to keep it in bypass? Would I put the Digital Delay after the A/B box in the effects loop?

Re: Would this setup work?

I have a Tri-AC and I've used it like that before into my Mesa's clean channel... it gives me the three options of the pedal, then I can bypass it and have the sound of the amp's clean channel, then I can get my fifth channel by stepping on the Mesa's channel select.
    As for you using the chorus before the Tri-AC preamp, I don't know how well that would work. I'd put that and the delay after it or in the effects loop.
    Also, if you're looking for really high gain from the Tri-AC, you're going to need an OD pedal in front of it for both Marshall and Mesa sounds, as they're lacking a little, IMO. As far as the A/B box, I've never used one, so I don't know. You can also use the Tri-AC's output into the effects return on your amp, but I prefer it in front.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
    X