TS7 Mod Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS7 Mod Question

Hi, fairly new to these boards but was hoping someone could answer a question. I recently bought a TS-808 mod kit for my TS-7. Got the chip changed out, but can't seem to find out where the resistors are that are supposed to be changed out. Anybody know? Also, I have a list of capacitors that can be replaced with better ones, but again I don't know which is which. If anyone can point me to a page with such directions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: TS7 Mod Question

I would suggest going back to the guy you got the mod kit from and ask for directions. There are several different mod kits available. If you can't get the info, PM me the list of components you have and their values and I will tell you where to put them. Just curious... did you install a chip carrier for the new op?

Comment

Welcome, Kage - you've just witnessed one reason many of us love this place - the quality and kindness of the members. Very generous offer from jgcable, and he knows what he is talking about. He's also right, you should bug the kit supplier first.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how it turns out.

Keith
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Kage, the best way to make a TS-7 sound better is to plug a Charvel into it instead of a Fender!

*To all other members - The reason I'm feeling so free to pick on Kage is because we're in the same band.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I would suggest going back to the guy you got the mod kit from and ask for directions. There are several different mod kits available. If you can't get the info, PM me the list of components you have and their values and I will tell you where to put them. Just curious... did you install a chip carrier for the new op?

[/ QUOTE ]
          Good idea! Kind of "duh, why didn't *I* think of that". I'll try it, though the instructions that came with it were for the TS9 I think. I did get the chip socket installed so I can try different chips. I'll come back here if I don't get anything good from the seller.

And Atilla? Bite me and I expect a report on how it sounded with a Charvel plugged into it. Just don't forget it on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
          X