Delay pedals. What should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay pedals. What should I get?

Which Boss delay is the one to get? DD3, DD5, DD6, or ?
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Re: Delay pedals. What should I get?

Why do you want a Boss one? Check out the Line 6 DL4.

Comment

On a budget get a Digitech X-Series - I had one on my board for a long time. Want just sweet smooth delay and you can spend too much money? Get the Maxon AD-999. Want versatility and can spend in between the other two? Get the DL4 like Box says.
      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

250 bucks for a delay pedal?? Stick with Boss, if you want a fancier one get the DD20 ($190).
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Ibanez just re-issued the old AD-9 Analog Delay.

For those fans of analog effects. . .

Comment

I had the Line 6 DL4... very cool pedal. I bought it for like $150, wound up selling it on ebay for $250, so I was happy. It's a cool pedal and I do recommend it, but I didn't use it that much. I thought it was overkill for me with all its features considering I only care for a subtle delay at times.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You guys are fukking me up now. OKay, here's the deal, I want to spend as lttle as possible, like $100 bucks!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm a cheap bastard, what can I say.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                You guys are fukking me up now. OKay, here's the deal, I want to spend as lttle as possible, like $100 bucks!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm a cheap bastard, what can I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get yourself an Ibanez DE7. They are cheap and they have a great feature that the Boss delays don't have. They have a switch that converts them to from digital to analog. Thats COOL.

Comment

I was actually thinking of getting a DE7 to mess around with. Does it sound good?
                  I had the CE7 chorus/flanger pedal for a couple days and took it back because it sucked! It sounded very digital to me in both the effects loop or straight into my amp. I can't remember which way it sounded better, but there was this weird thing about it that just didn't sound right, like digital overtones or something, that wouldn't really go away.

Comment

I have a DD3 and a DE7. IMHO, the DE7 smokes it although the DD3 is more tweakable and roadworthy. The analog (echo) feature on the DE7 is worth the price of admission alone. It is very easy on the 9v battery too. It lasts a VERY long time.

Comment

Cool. Thanks! I'll have to check one out next time I'm in a GC or Sam Ash. The CE7 or CF7, whatever it's called, did nothing for me, and I was bummed about it.

Comment

I don't think Ibanez makes the DE7 anymore. It is one of their tonelock series pedals. It looks like the Tubescreamer TS10.

Comment

Go buy a few of them at GC and return all but one. I've done that a few times - the salesman is happy one day and sad the next [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Get a used DD5.

Comment

I really like my H2O delay and chorus in the same box. Very lush sounding chorus and delay!

Comment

Working...
                              X