thinking of buying a bunch of useless efx pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thinking of buying a bunch of useless efx pedals

ok maybe not useless. Im thinking when I get my halfstack all setup. That i might get one of those pedal boards that powers pedals and has all the cables to connect them and what not. I might get a wah, volume pedal, chorus, delay, reverb, and a boss tuner pedal. all the stompbox pedals would be boss and get a dunlop wah and whatever a decent volume pdeal is. Is that a waste of a couple hundred dollars to do all that? Id match them with the Engl fireball and mesa recto 4x12. I just think it would be awesome and fun to have those pedals to play around with and really make the fireball a more versatile amp. i just have that craving for pedals right now. just to spice things up.

Re: thinking of buying a bunch of useless efx pedals

that's cool. do whatever you want. it's your money and gear.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Great idea, here are some suggestions (I use them with my Marshall and my Carvin amps)

Ibanez DE-7
      Boss CH-5
      Boss TU-12
      Morley Bad Horsey 2 Contour Wah
      Boss GE-7
      Twisteramps Preamp

Put your time based effects in the loop along with a preamp if you need solo boost. Put everything else in front of the amp. Make sure your Wah is closest to your guitar.

Comment

thanks. i was thinking of the very basic boss delay. i had a dd5 or something. and that thing was too much for me. i like to keep things simple. i was checking out the boss tuner pedal and that thing looks pretty sweet. makes tuning to alternate tunings easier than just a standard cheapo tuner. lol. i wish they still made the chrome wahs. i might get one of the new zakk ones that are brushed aluminum. the pedalboard things are cool. come with the velcro to hold all the pedals and its a power supply so no $5 batteries for everything. ill start with a wah and tuner and build from there.

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

ahhh what words of encouragement, accompanied by a pleasant picture.

Comment

XTLive!

Comment

Working...
              X