Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Lifeson signature amp

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...on-TriAmp.html
    I just found out about this in a rush.com email. It's based off of the H&K triamp mkII which I looked up on HC and people LOVE that amp, great reviews! Does anyone here have one of these triamps (or played through one)? That's cool that he has his royalties from the amp going to UNICEF.
    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Re: Alex Lifeson signature amp

man, those amps rock. i'd love to have one, but i won't pay the scratch. they look really cool all lit up too.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I just looked up the triamp mkII on MF and the list is $3349, the AL signature amp is $2799! I don't think I've ever seen a signature anything for LESS than the item it's based off of. Wow.

Comment

go look up a BB King Lucile vs. a real 345 - last time I checked it was much cheaper to get the Lucille.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Ah, I forgot about Lucille. I always wondered, with Gibson being as overpriced as it is, why Lucille is only........
          I just looked at MF and it's $2399. I thought they were like $1800? Anyway, less than a 345. They are made in USA right?

Comment

I love Alex's sound live. In fact I like his live sound much more than his tone on VP. I also like looking at all the blue lit up on his side of the stage during the shows. So my only point I guess is WHY PURPLE?!?!?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I just looked up the triamp mkII on MF and the list is $3349, the AL signature amp is $2799! I don't think I've ever seen a signature anything for LESS than the item it's based off of. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to MF and they dont even have the signature on there site, but the regular triamp is $2849.

Comment

I think that the signature will probably go 2300 street price. Steep, but H&K's rock. I had been looking at the dutone, but being sort of a huge Rush fan, it seems like its getting time to sell off a few things to make some cash.

Chuck
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to MF and they dont even have the signature on there site, but the regular triamp is $2849.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, Siggy. I got the price for the signature amp from the HC NAMM review. And the prices I quoted are the list prices. So the street price should be around $2300.

Comment

Working...
                  X