Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider vs. Spider II

Hi,

I have a trade offer at a music store. I can trade my Carvin SX200 + some other gear for a Line 6 Spider amp. It is the first model, however, and I'm wondering if I would be better off getting the Spider II.

Does anyone know if there is much difference between the two amps? (spider and spider 2)

thanks

Re: Line 6 Spider vs. Spider II

The Spider 2 is lightyears better than the original Spider.
    You should keep your SX200 and the "other gear".

Comment

i second that. the original spider series aren't even remotely similar to the 2nd series. the spider II is actually a decent amp, imo one could even play gigs with it, and you can definitely dial in some at least usable sounds.

Comment

Avoid the original Spider series at all costs, IMO...You most likely get better tone out of the SX
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

thanks for the advise... I'll be passing this offer up.

Comment

THe only head by Line 6 I ever liked was the Flextone HD II.

Comment

The Spider 2 amp is nice. I've got the 75 watter I use as a practice amp in the house (my main amp is a Mesa Boogie triple recto into 2 4x12 cabs) Granted, this little combo ain't a Mesa, but it's a sweet ass amp. I was too lazy to carry my cab and my head in a road case to my car in my garage from my house, so I just took this little 75 watter and an amp stand to band practice. Cut through the mix, and sounded nice.

The ONLY issues I have are, the louder you turn it, it requires drastic EQ (I mean like over half volume) to make it sound nice, and the fact it's a 300$ amp, no footswitch, and the footy is like 70$ i believe.

The good news, FX, you can have 3 at the same time. One being reverb, since it has it's own knob. Chorus/flange, phaser, tremelo on the other knob, and the last has delay, tape echo, and another echo. It has a tuner, a noise gate (don't turn it off) and 4 channels that you can store anyway you want, with 12 sound selections to choose from, and sculpt with the EQ.

Nice amp for the bucks.

Comment

Agreed on the II (I owned one for a year before getting my Laney VC50). The I is garbage though.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

From what I've heard the Spider 2 is a huge improvement over the original. I had a Spider 112. It was OK for home and I did some acoustic gigs with it too. Other than that, only to be used as a doorstop.

Comment

II ...bought one for my son...its a great little amp for the money..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                    X