Peavey Transtube Supreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peavey Transtube Supreme

I'm thinking about bidding on this one? what do you think about them and how much? about $250?

Re: Peavey Transtube Supreme

They are pretty decent as solid state heads go. I have the 2x12 combo version, and had the 1x12 before that. Peavey distortion has a sound all its own, so all I can say is that you will love it...or hate it. The TransTube emulation is reasonably good, and assuming that the Supreme has the same T-Dynamics, Presence and Resonance controls as the combos, you can get a good almost-tube tone out of it. The Ultra distortion channel is based on the old Peavey Ultra tube amps, and is pretty beefy. I'd strongly suggest a noise gate in the effects loop though.

We used to share practice space with a band whose rhythm guitarist had a Supreme, and I've gigged with my TransTube Special 212 combo, although with a distortion pedal through the clean channel. I do know some guitarists who really like the Peavey distortion though.

Make sure it includes the footswitch. $250 is pretty standard.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Peavey Transtube Supreme

[ QUOTE ]
      I do know some guitarists who really like the Peavey distortion though.

[/ QUOTE ]

heres one right here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i would have to say peavey are the best solid state heads and the only solid state heads worth considering, but i may be biased

Comment

Working...
      X