NOT another modeling debate ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOT another modeling debate ...

This isn’t a tube vs. modeling amp debate - so if you thought you were going to get a chance to slam one or the other forget about it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I’m just curious which modeling amp do you think does the best job of replicating other amp tones?

Behringer V-Amp
    Vox Tone Lab
    Boss GT-6
    Vetta POD
    Other ?

Re: NOT another modeling debate ...

I've not used them all but I've got a V-Amp Pro in the rack (formerly through a Boogie 2:90, then an ADA Microtube 200, and into a pair of EV-loaded Crate 2x12 cabs from the 80s), a Vetta as my only amp, and formerly owned a Pod XT (pre-expansion pack). The Vetta sounds the best to me (the closest to the amps it's modeling), followed by the XT, then the V-AMP. To me the Behringer sounds much more processed than the Line 6 products.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Definately a Vetta combo or head.

Comment

Not to hijack but how is the behringer modeling stuff? Reason I ask is because MF is blowing out the vtone gmx212
        stereo amp for $259 shipped. I was looking for a roland cube 30 but Im thinking that this may be a much better amp for an extra $30.

Comment

The Vetta

Comment

i personally think the roland cubes sound much better than the beringer amp. i tried the v-ampire and i didn;t think it was that great. i would also look into a tech 21 trademark 10 or 30 which is in your budget. those are good sounding amps. i currently own a trademark 60 and i have owned a pod, vamp2, gt6, hd147, and a jstation to name a few. the tech 21 has the most tube like sound by far.

Comment

I actually like the V-Ampire 1x12 combo I have. I agree that it did sound more processed than my Pod XT, but then I joined the V-Amp Yahoo group, and there's a guy on there who converts Pod tones to the Behringer format to download into your V-Amp. (V-Amp2, Pro, V-Ampire, etc) so now my Behringer has all the cool Pod tones and it was seriously cheaper. In fact, I'm about to go out and buy the V-Ampire half stack, I like it so much. Now, of course it's no Vetta II, but then it's also not $1000-1500 just for the head. Just my 2 cents. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Boss or Vetta.

Comment

VETTA

I have owned over 100 Amps, 300 Guitars.

Its all about inspiration. The Vetta II is good, I say that because you can track into Protools and use no EQ. The Tube stuff makes you eq the heck out of it, and well, I get better feedback play from My Near Field Monitors in my Condo then a loud tube amp...Vetta/XTLive Makes song writing simple.

Comment

Working...
                  X