Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should I add tube power to Pod XT?

[ QUOTE ]
    I was not impressed when I ran my PodXT through my old Peavey 50/50 and ada 2x12 wil Vintage 30's.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Years ago, I had the same experience with a Pod Pro and Peavey 50/50. I could never dial it in at stage vol to not feedback horribly. I went back to tube pre and effect proc in loop. On the otherhand, it sounded great at home levels and thats what you're looking for. But why go to a balls out tube amp when you'll be staying at home? Even a Mesa 20/20 needs to be cranked up somewhat to get the tube sound you're wanting to experience. If you have a wife, that may irritate her. If it does - promptly upgrade to the VHT! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, I have a 20/20 and it's got all the low end you could ask for. There is even a mod you can do to them to get more, but mine chugs right along. I even have the low cut enabled on my EQ. BTW, it is plenty loud enough to gig and have full band practice with. It will pretty much outpower most drummers out there.

Matt

Comment

How much headroom do you need though matt? I think the 20/20 sounds great... just not enough headroom
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Speaker Power is more like it when it comes to recording, I have a Old Solid state Carvin that has a Vintage 30 in it, I run My XT Live through the loop and Mic it, I get a Killer Keith Richards sound, Direct is better for Metal, Or EVH. Getting a Vetta II Combo for Live with the 2X12, many friends of mine use them and they don't go down like Marshalls.

Comment

I have enough to make everyone tell me to turn it down and have more to go. I am also running a couple 4x12's. 1 per side and they are both set at 4 Ohms which tends to bring out more power in amps.

Matt

Comment

Matt maybe you should play with my drummer [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] We used to practice so damn loud about twice the volume we could play any club at...

Comment

Been there, done that. I did say "Most drummers". I had one drummer in a band of mine for a while. He was so frekin loud that to match him, I had to turn up so loud that I could see the speakers in my cab moving in and out about all they physically could without ripping. Get this, the M-F'r told me I needed to buy a new rig but this idiot couldn't pay his frekin phone bill. Not sure if the 20/20 would have done the job or not, but he was obnoxiously loud.

Matt

Comment

I like a powerful drummer but man some are just too loud... Although one guy I worked with had an electronic kit and he was too quiet... We could talk over the music comfortably [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ahhhh, a drummer with a volume knob.

Comment

Yeah actually it was really cool he had a great PA system in his studio for it and it sounded good... It was a strange feel but manhe had the High end Roland Drums and they felt good to play even..

Comment

I would have liked to have gotten one of those clear surrounds for some of the drummers I have been in bands with.

Matt

Comment

I posted my experience with my POD 2.0 across my JCM-800 2210 here:

POD through Marshall
                          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

use it for gig last night for the first time. sounded good. the room was a lot brighter sounding than my basement, and i didn't bother spending much time tweaking it right before our set or during it. (i did bring the bass up a little bit)... but it still sounded great. i will need to work it out a bit so it can mix it better with my lead guitarist. whitch really just means finding the right presence setting for it, but i'm actually looking forward to it.

i know i'm always preaching about not using the presence, but this is a modeling amp. not real tubes. i still had the presence off on the .50
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
                            X